Who will perform the best during 2012?

Jenson Button
36%
Lewis Hamilton
47%
It's impossible to predict!
17%
By racechick
To be honest, it was silly of Hamilton to put anything that has to do with those informations on tweeter.

And petty of Jenson to reignite it halfway through the next week.

It wasnt critical information, silly to post I agree, but Lewis doesnt always react in a considered way, he reacts emotionally. Jenson on the otherhand considers very carefully the impact of his actions and words and how he can benefit from a situation. Two very different characters.
By myownalias
We hear these quotes from drivers but most of the time, they are taken out of context; more than likely, a member of the press asked Jenson a question about it and he gave his opinion. There maybe an element of Jenson taking advantage and using the media to his advantage, which is fine, it's all part of the game but often press reports are not exactly as they seem!
By racechick
Yes I accept that. The press can skew things.

It is all part of the game. This is a part lewis is not good at, and i think he gets taken advantage of. But like you say, part of the game. I just wish McLaren could see where Lewis is vulnerable and put someone in position to guide him. They spent a lot of time and effort on jenson when he couldnt get the car working. Lewis needs support in other areas.
By myownalias
Lewis Hamilton is in his sixth year of F1 now, he shouldn't need his hand held by the team, if he lacks those abilities to be able to compete in the politics stakes, it's upto Lewis to use his millions to get someone in to develop his skills, F1 is a big boys sport, the weak will naturally fall by the wayside. Not saying that Lewis is weak, definitely not on the track, everyone accepts that Lewis is faster than Jenson in raw speed terms, but Jenson is more of a thinking man's driver while Lewis is a heart on his sleeve type of driver, both have their merits and weaknesses.
By f1ea
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19487080
no way ahead of Alonso
plus
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930
:yikes:

Wow that's pretty surprising stuff.
I can't see any easy way of doing an all time list without controversy. i guess that's fine. Its like your favourite song is never in the 'Best of' your favourite band...

Lewis going to Mercedes makes sense. He knows Haug for a while.... Only problem is Mercedes' commitment. So Are they in or are they in?

Kimi with Alonso. That's what i want to see.
By Hammer278
Kimi with Alonso? Really...Kimi going back to Ferrari after they ditched him for Alonso few years back? I don't see it, but stranger things have happened I guess.
By racechick
Lewis at Mercedes doesnt suprise me at all. I suggested it ages ago, last year in fact when the Whitmarsh saga was going on. I must admit their committment and currenrt from made me rethink a bit but if they're thinking about lewis maybe they are committed. I dont like lewis at the current McLaren. Hey, if that happens, result Jenson!
By racechick
Lewis Hamilton is in his sixth year of F1 now, he shouldn't need his hand held by the team, if he lacks those abilities to be able to compete in the politics stakes, it's upto Lewis to use his millions to get someone in to develop his skills, F1 is a big boys sport, the weak will naturally fall by the wayside. Not saying that Lewis is weak, definitely not on the track, everyone accepts that Lewis is faster than Jenson in raw speed terms, but Jenson is more of a thinking man's driver while Lewis is a heart on his sleeve type of driver, both have their merits and weaknesses.

And jenson shouldnt have to have all the engineers giving him Lewis' data to get a set up, he's been in it even longer.
Im not suggesting he needs his hand held, Im suggesting a mentor to guide him in off track situations and political shinanegans. Lewis' instinctive approach certainly reaps rewards on the track but he can think a drive as well, and there's plenty of evidence of it. Spain this year is one. Im talkin purely about off track politics. Mclaren dont handle Lewis well or appreciate him and if another team owner can handle him he'll be invinsible in the right car.
I'd rather see things stay the same at McLaren. Mercedes is NOT a top team and have not shown any commitment that's required to have a winning season let a lone a WDC or WCC winning car. Brawn's DDRS of this year fell flat, as much hope as there was at the beginning of the season that it would do for them what the double diffused did for him in 2009. Even with the level of commitment Lotus have shown, Kimi is still not sure if he's staying with them as they're just not in the same league as the other big three at the moment and Mercedes is a large step down from them!

If Lewis does go, I hope 1, he's getting PAID, and 2, that they've got an outlined commitment to a winning era at Mercedes in F1. Anything less than that from Mercedes, is assuring that Hamilton will never become a multiple WDC winner.
By f1ea
Kimi with Alonso? Really...Kimi going back to Ferrari after they ditched him for Alonso few years back? I don't see it, but stranger things have happened I guess.

First of all... They are professionals. I dont think its as simple as ditching him. So in terms o it being possible, why not?

Other than Mercedes.... Lewis is actually pretty tight on teams unless he signs short term contracts and hopes a good seat opens up (considering a good seat as a drive for a team with a winning car). Or he can just go for the long term plan thing and hope Meredes can build up.

Guess we'll see. Jenson and diresta would be a mclaren team i'd cheer for... For 2nd place.
By racechick
Button and Di Resta :yuck:

Maybe thats what Jenson is angling for. Since the split with Paul Di Resta and Anthony hamilton Jenson's management team have looked after Paul.

The Mercedes might not be a winning car at the moment but Braun is a very good team principal. He's said recently that its taken till now to get the people he needs around him, maybe Hamilton is the last piece in the puzzle? Maybe he's working on the 2013 car? Maybe he's working on the changes for 2014.
The Mclaren hasnt exactly set the world alight with championships in the last decade. Its either had the car and squandered points or not had the car.

It could of course all be the first stage in the negotiation game.
Other than Mercedes.... Lewis is actually pretty tight on teams

Teams can be as tight as they want with drivers but he's got a nice gig with McLaren right now, they're able to give him a car that wins races (if not dominantly) year after year. What more can a driver ask for? Ferrari and Red Bull would jettison their number two's so fast your head would spin if there was a chance he's go drive for them.

Guess we'll see. Jenson and diresta would be a mclaren team i'd cheer for... For 2nd place.

You're so cute... you'd rather root for that pairing for second, than the current pairing for first. Why make things harder on yourself right?
By Big Azza
WB is right. Seb has had some mighty sulks and episodes this year. Some have bordered on ridiculous. Throwing the toys out of the pram in both Sepang and Hockenheim didn't put him in a good light at all. :nono:

If anything, Vettel has learned from Hamilton. :P
By andrew
WB is right. Seb has had some mighty sulks and episodes this year. Some have bordered on ridiculous. Throwing the toys out of the pram in both Sepang and Hockenheim didn't put him in a good light at all. :nono:

If anything, Vettel has learned from Hamilton. :P

:whip:

See our F1 related articles too!