FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Which returning world champion will score more points in 2012

Kimi Räikkönen
36%
Michael Schumacher
64%
It really depends on Schumacher's performance and the Lotus-Renault package. Towards the end of last season Renault were clearly slipping down into the Williams territory I'd hate to say, they weren't scoring many points, only on rare occasions. If they have a good enough car for 2012 then sure they can challenge Mercedes, and Kimi has had a shorter break than Schumi before his return, so I wouldn't underestimate him considering the fact Michael is performing worser each year since his comeback. :wink:

Yes the performance of the cars will dictate how this one goes, although with regards to your points about Schumi, I feel he performed better in 2011 than he did in the season of his comeback actually. He clearly struggled during 2010, but I felt there were flashes of his old self in 2011, like when he nearly got onto the podium in Montreal.

I still expect Rosberg to outscore him again next year though.
By scotty
Accounting for strategic errors and mechanical problems, interestingly i think if you counted up all 'lost' points they'd be somewhere in the same ballpark for total points so far... i'd personally say these two have been quite even this season in terms of how well they've driven.
By Hammer278
I'd give Kimi the edge since he hasn't made stupid rookie errors this season, despite this being his first year back to F1 unlike The Schum.
By andrew
Had Schumacher had a decent car he'd have shown better in the past 2 seasons. Had Merc not stuffed up the car yet again this season he'd be a serious title contender.

As for Raikkonen, the Iceman seems to have cometh and is now quite lethargic. Sad to say I'm a bit disappointed so far in his come-back. I was hoping he'd be firmly showing-up Grosjean.
Had Schumacher had a decent car he'd have shown better in the past 2 seasons. Had Merc not stuffed up the car yet again this season he'd be a serious title contender.

Nice to see a different team getting some stick! :wink:

That's a first, for this place! :P:whip:
By Hammer278

As for Raikkonen, the Iceman seems to have cometh and is now quite lethargic. Sad to say I'm a bit disappointed so far in his come-back. I was hoping he'd be firmly showing-up Grosjean.

Kimi is on 73 points, Grosjean on 53.

Want to see the scores for the Mercedes teammates? Bad luck or not, it's a sight for very sore eyes for Schum fans. :hehe:
By andrew

I've been giving Merc stick from day 1. They have been a total disgrace and have severely let their drivers down. I honestly couldn't blame either driver if they told Merc where they can stick their silver arrows. Heck, 3 seasons of Merc and they can't even set realistic targets - championship contendors?! BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :irked:

I've been giving Merc stick from day 1. They have been a total disgrace and have severely let their drivers down. I honestly couldn't blame either driver if they told Merc where they can stick their silver arrows. Heck, 3 seasons of Merc and they can't even set realistic targets - championship contendors?! BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :irked:

It takes more than just a bag of cash to win in F1. It's far from any easy job. Toyota, BMW and Honda found that out.
By Richach
Strange how the Mercs cant get it together considering the personell. Guess they need to prize AN from Red Bull either that or strap one of their huge engines to a leyton House and hope nobody notices :P . I have previously voted for Schumacher :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!