FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

F1 Controversy of the Year 2011

Lewis Hamilton VS Felipe Massa
35%
The incident between Lewis Hamilton and Pastor Maldonado during qualifying at Spa
No votes
0%
BBC VS Sky Coverage
22%
The anger of the Indian farmers
No votes
0%
The uncertainty over the race in Texas
No votes
0%
Off-throttle exhaust blown diffusers
39%
Lotus name row
No votes
0%
The cancellation of the Bahrain Grand Prix
4%
A year in F1 is rarely without a raging controversy to keep us all on our toes! Which do you think was the standout controversy of the year?
Bit of an eclectic mix there Lew. I wouldn't compare the political situation in Bahrain or farmers loosing their homes in India to loop-holes in teh reg's or drivers having an on-track spat.

If I have to choose, I'll go for the BBC screwing over us loyal viewers.
Blown diffusers, that was stupid on every single level.

Surprised you didn't include Hamilton running his mouth at Monaco in there...
Off throttle blown diffuser without a shadow of a doubt, the whole debacle over the Silverstone race weekend was wholly ridiculous... only to revert back for the next race, STUPID!
Off throttle blown diffuser without a shadow of a doubt, the whole debacle over the Silverstone race weekend was wholly ridiculous... only to revert back for the next race, STUPID!

:yes: It made F1 look real silly right there.
With less than a week before the results are revealed once and for all, I thought I'd bump the one poll which is still tied in very dramatic fashion!

:whip:
I broke the tie for now. Since we're talking about the sport, the off throttle blow diffuser was the controversy of the year, compounded by the fact of how comically poor interpreting the rules was handled. Outside of the sport, the situation in Bahrain would top the poll.
Off throttle blown diffusers. As far as I'm concerned, Ferrari should NEVER have won a race in 2011.

Actually, they should never win again as long as F1 exists.:blush:

See our F1 related articles too!