8%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
0%
Jenson Button pitting in the Red Bull garage at Shanghai
6%
By Rej
HRT for me..
Hamilton is not a "fail", it's just that there is better than him..maybe he'll become a new "massa" :D

And I just loved it when button went to RB's stand, it was epic!!
Massa. It was close between him and Williams.

Strange how many voted for Lewis. I guess its because he's so far off his usual stunning best.
Lewis has definately had an awful season and Jenson has had a brilliant one. That said, Lewis 3 wins Jenson 3 wins. If Lewis wins the next race and Jenson DNF's, only two points difference OR if Jenson had crashed out in Canada when he hit Lewis, and Lewis gone on to win. Again 2 points difference. If both those scenarios happened Lewis would finnish ahead by 23points (I think :confused: )
Maybe fans just have higher expectations of Lewis.

And if Jenson hadn't had his two retirements, he could be another 15-20pts ahead.

None of it matters, though.

If we go down that route Lewis has had more problems not of his making than Jenson, I was pointing out the one where Jenson actually took Lewis out of the race but as you say it doesnt matter. Its only the end result that counts and jenson is ahead. But the end result is actually very close. Yet Jenson is lauded and Lewis considered a failure. As I said fans have higher expectations of Lewis. Id agree with them.
By scotty
If we go down that route Lewis has had more problems not of his making than Jenson

Also had (far) more that actually were of his own making too though.
If we go down that route Lewis has had more problems not of his making than Jenson

Also had (far) more that actually were of his own making too though.

I dont know you know. Often he's reacted to a problem that isnt of his making and exacperated it. But if you look at the whole season, he's been incredibly unfortunate.
Australia 2nd
Malaysia- weaving penalty-very dubious!
China-1st
Turkey 4th
Monaco- Q3 screwed up by silly strategy . Out of position. clashes with FM and PM
Spain 2nd
Canada-going really well till Button hit him
Europe 4th
Britain- change of difuser rules and underfuelled him 4th
Germany - 1st
Hungary-on wrong tyres and a penalty for spinning (going really well before all that) 4th
Belgium- Kobi crash
Italy- 4th. I dont think he drove well here
Singapore- massa crash
Japan-Massa crash
Korea-pole and 2nd
India- penalty of 3 places due to flag mix up, then Massa crash
Abu Dhabi-1st

On top of the Monaco quali chicken up and the flag penalty he had the following problems in qualifying, but Ive forgotten which races they happened in.
No fuel for a Q3 run
No time for a Q3 run
Yes he's made mistakes, but theres a hell of a lot there thats not down to him.
At this point of the season; arguing who suffered errors from the team and who made their own mistakes is kinda pointless, many consider Lewis to have underperformed this season, the man himself has admitted that, he let off track issues distract him from the job at hand. Jenson stepped upto the plate this season and has beaten Lewis fair and square, I expect both drivers to be better next season and hopefully McLaren can sort their act out, the number of pit lane blunders has cost McLaren dear, although saying that Vettel has blown everyone away!
By McLaren
Amazing how Lewis has got loads more votes than Webber.Yet after the last GP of the season could still end up higher than him in the championship ,in a slower car :hehe:
Hamilton leads the poll with Massa.

Hamilton has EQUAL wins as his teammate (who is deemed to have 'overperformed'), and 28 points (just more than a race win) behind in the WDC.

Massa is more than God knows how many points behind his teammate, hasn't had a win, not even a podium.

Haters are strong in this forum. But at least we know the usual characters who manage to screw up any poll in this forum which includes Lewis Hamilton as one of the options. :whip:
By andrew
Amazing how Lewis has got loads more votes than Webber.Yet after the last GP of the season could still end up higher than him in the championship ,in a slower car :hehe:

To be fair to Webber, he's not really gone forward and he's not really gone that far backwards. Hamilton has suffered from repeated mind-farts and has wasted the most chances this year so I'm guessing that's why he's leading the poll.

Besides, none of these compare to Renaults forward exhaust which was a resounding failure and has to be the fail of the year despite it not being on the list of options above.
I think the fact that a winner of three Grands Prix this year WAS heading the FAIL of the year poll, is a testament to how talented Lewis is, and how well people expect him to do. :yes: Maybe also an example of how many detractors he has on here too.......

I actually voted for Williams, they've slipped further back again, and have only chalked up 5 points... no-one expected that much of a shocking season for the Grove squad pre-season. :eek:
By bud
I guess everyone has expectations. And if you don't meet those expectations then you have failed. Lewis has not had the best season of his career but some races he has shown he is the best in the field. Some he has shown he has brain farts. I guess it all ends up in results... Im kinda over debating against haters, they only hate due to fear of his skills. I think in time we will all know who will have the last laugh and ill give you the hot tip... it won't be the haters. :)
By scotty
Expectations are relevant yes, but equally when a guy drives more bad races than he does good in a whirlwind of inconsistency (one week a drive like Germany, quite literally the next a shocker like Hungary) then surely it then can be seen why he's on this list. But no, apparently people are just haters instead. Come on... Guess that by definition some people are mere fanboys too then. :shrug:

Often he's reacted to a problem that isnt of his making and exacperated it. But if you look at the whole season, he's been incredibly unfortunate.

Well, that is his own problem if he has reacted the wrong way isn't it? Compare to Germany '08 and how he brilliantly reacted there... I don't doubt he's had some bad luck at times but he really put himself in poor positions on several occassions too, especially this half of the season.
people that say lewis has had a s*** season.... :yawn:

3 race wins in not the fastest car and outqualifying JP 13 times to 6?

s*** season obviously :clap:
people that say lewis has had a s*** season.... :yawn:

3 race wins in not the fastest car and outqualifying JP 13 times to 6?

s*** season obviously :clap:

By Lewis' standards, it hasn't been up to scratch, you must admit. But to declare him the fail of the year? Well, I didn't, but I knew he'd be in contention from some quarters, hence I kept him in the poll.
yeh by his standards its his worst year in f1 so far, but hes still outdriven the car and given us some excitment in an otherwise vet-hell year, felipe gets fail of the year for me just for going all year without a podium

See our F1 related articles too!