0%
Bahrain Grand Prix
8%
Nick Heidfeld
No votes
0%
Jenson Button pitting in the Red Bull garage at Shanghai
6%
I initially voted for Hamilton, because I think he brings a lot of his problems on himself. But after more consideration, I'd change my vote to Mark Webber and Ferrari.

In Webber's case, his constant horrible starts and lackluster qualifying are just not acceptable, especially when he and Vettel were so even last year. Maybe I'd buy the "it's the tires" line for a few races, but a whole damn season? Surely he would have come to grips with the tires after 18 races if that were the case, but he has clearly not made any progress in matching Vettel's qualifying or race performance.

I also find it equally inexcusable that both Ferrari and McLaren couldn't produce a car to match the RB7. McLaren just failed a little bit less. The wind tunnel mixup (assuming that was as big of a problem as they made it out to be) is ridiculous.

Regarding Massa... did anyone really expect him to perform much better than he has?
By f1ea
Bahrain.
because... WTF. A Grand prix in a desert, where no one cares about F1... bascially, the whole F1 race there is just a bought-in circus for the king/prince or whatever and his court.

Notable fails: Hamilton, Massa and Webber. And Ferrari.
from the results so far:-

Williams 21% [ 5 ]
HRT 0% [ 0 ]
Virgin 8% [ 2 ]
Mark Webber 13% [ 3 ] x
Felipe Massa 13% [ 3 ]
Lewis Hamilton 33% [ 8 ]
Robert Kubica 0% [ 0 ]
Bahrain Grand Prix 13% [ 3 ]
Nick Heidfeld 0% [ 0 ]
Jenson Button pitting in the Red Bull garage at Shanghai 0% [ 0 ]

as everyone seems to think that the forum is full of Macca / Hammy fan boys that Hamilton has had the most votes.

Williams I can see why they got the votes, but Sauber are just as dire at the moment

HRT and Virgin, I did not expect them to do any better than they did. one has been crippled by lack of money and the other crippled by the Pride of somone who believed his calculator could produce a better car than a wind tunnel.

Webber and Massa, have just number 2s now. I don;t think Webber has done a worse job than last year it is just that Seb had pulled another gear.

Bahrain... I liked the place when I visited (admittedly a few year ago now) but the race was about getting money in the door and not about the show.
By bud
That's interesting considering he has won two races and the only driver not in a Redbull to have pole. But yes he has had some bad races but overall the biggest failure? Dunno but I guess it shows the expectations of the guy.
Williams I can see why they got the votes, but Sauber are just as dire at the moment.

But as a season; Sauber have been much better, Sauber are 36 points ahead of Williams, but again we don't expect so much from Sauber, Williams are former world champions, we expect more!
Williams are just continuing the recline. Lets hope the Kimi story is the start of the resurgance?

Yes, but it's somewhat of a drop from last season to this, Williams scored 69 points last season compared to five points this season thusfar!
I suppose this just goes to show how formidable people expect Lewis to be! A couple of wins and many controversies is crap by his standards, and as a result, there's been great shock.

In reality, Massa and Webber have been worse (albeit more consistent with regards to Mark), but they were never stars in the first place :P
Idunno why anyone really expected Massa to do much more than he has - especially with the F150th. He's the #2 driver in the third best car, and he's 6th in the standings. Pretty much right where he should be.

Unless you're just talking about his constant lip flapping about lewis. In that case, I'd agree.
Idunno why anyone really expected Massa to do much more than he has - especially with the F150th. He's the #2 driver in the third best car, and he's 6th in the standings. Pretty much right where he should be.

Unless you're just talking about his constant lip flapping about lewis. In that case, I'd agree.

Felipe Massa was miles away from the top 5 last season, and has been again this season.

When a potential top SIX is reduced to a top FIVE, it's a sign he should be on his way...
Massa. It was close between him and Williams.

Strange how many voted for Lewis. I guess its because he's so far off his usual stunning best.
Lewis has definately had an awful season and Jenson has had a brilliant one. That said, Lewis 3 wins Jenson 3 wins. If Lewis wins the next race and Jenson DNF's, only two points difference OR if Jenson had crashed out in Canada when he hit Lewis, and Lewis gone on to win. Again 2 points difference. If both those scenarios happened Lewis would finnish ahead by 23points (I think :confused: )
Maybe fans just have higher expectations of Lewis.
Massa. It was close between him and Williams.

Strange how many voted for Lewis. I guess its because he's so far off his usual stunning best.
Lewis has definately had an awful season and Jenson has had a brilliant one. That said, Lewis 3 wins Jenson 3 wins. If Lewis wins the next race and Jenson DNF's, only two points difference OR if Jenson had crashed out in Canada when he hit Lewis, and Lewis gone on to win. Again 2 points difference. If both those scenarios happened Lewis would finnish ahead by 23points (I think :confused: )
Maybe fans just have higher expectations of Lewis.

And if Jenson hadn't had his two retirements, he could be another 15-20pts ahead.

None of it matters, though.

See our F1 related articles too!