FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Which rookie impressed you most in 2011?

Daniel Ricciardo
3%
Jerome D'Ambrosio
3%
Pastor Maldonado
3%
Sergio Perez
20%
Paul Di Resta
70%
Bruno Senna
No votes
0%
Karun Chandhok
No votes
0%
I'm so impressed with Ricciardo lately. He's really showing up the much more experienced Vitantonio Liuzzi. :yes:

Can't wait to see him in a more decent car.
I've never had any doubts about Liuzzi. I've always thought he wasn't that good.

Seeing Liuzzi cruise to the 2004 F3000 title had me thinking he was a future star. I was looking forward to his debut with Red Bull in 2005. But he just never made impact. :confused:
I so wanted to vote for Senna but he has just been too inconsistant

So did I! My finger was hovering over his name but in the end I went for Paul.
I so wanted to vote for Senna but he has just been too inconsistant

So did I! My finger was hovering over his name but in the end I went for Paul.

Like you two, I was really hoping to declare Bruno Senna a star. But there's no doubting Paul Di Resta has shone out this year. Sergio Perez is solid too, as is Ricciardo.

Bruno Senna still has some way to go. It's still touch and go whether we'll see him with a drive next season, which is a shame. I really want him to do well.
By bud
Tough choice between di Resta and Perez. I'll wait for the season to end before I make my pick.

One race (2 at time of post) will decide a season :yikes:
Tough choice between di Resta and Perez. I'll wait for the season to end before I make my pick.

One race (2 at time of post) will decide a season :yikes:

I've leaned towards di Resta, I guess what I'm saying is that I was looking for "more" given his superior car but he's certainly done enough to warrant the honor. It's just hard to forget Perez's performance in Melbourne even though it didn't count. I voted for di Resta now.
This was a race in which Pastor Maldonado once again showed how much disrespect it is possible to have for his fellow racers.

Following the disgraceful incident at Spa, where he felt it necessary to drive straight into Lewis' car on the in-lap to show his frustration at being overtaken by the Brit, he then refuses to make himself passable to lapping cars in Abu Dhabi. Not only that, but he can't even learn from being given a penalty. He's now being investigated AGAIN, and it'll be interesting to see how it is dealt with.

However, despite the fact he looks set to become F1's next jerk, his bulging wallet will ensure his place for now. :banghead:
By f1ea
I've leaned towards di Resta, I guess what I'm saying is that I was looking for "more" given his superior car but he's certainly done enough to warrant the honor. It's just hard to forget Perez's performance in Melbourne even though it didn't count. I voted for di Resta now.

Perez' been good... a good rookie. But Diresta has not even looked like a rookie. Very good job all season long from him. Super consistent.
By bud

Perez' been good... a good rookie. But Diresta has not even looked like a rookie. Very good job all season long from him. Super consistent.

Either way I think both of them will be permanent fixtures in the field for a while to come.
Why isn't Felipe Massa in the poll?

See our F1 related articles too!