FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Which rookie impressed you most in 2011?

Daniel Ricciardo
3%
Jerome D'Ambrosio
3%
Pastor Maldonado
3%
Sergio Perez
20%
Paul Di Resta
70%
Bruno Senna
No votes
0%
Karun Chandhok
No votes
0%
First poll of the 2011 awards. Which rookie impressed you most this season?

(NB: I have included Bruno Senna and Karun Chandhok, as neither have completed a full season prior to 2011).

Vote!
Definitely di Resta. He's the one who has been closest to his team-mate, outqualified him a lot and generally shown great promise for the future. I think, given a good car, he'll be a title contender in years to come. :)
Close between Perez and Di Resta. I think Perez edges it cause he has done some quite incredible strategic races this season.
Sergio Perez for me; closely followed by Paul di Resta, I think that di Resta has underachieved slightly given the car he has!
Pastor Maldonado.

Erm... how come?? :scratchchin:
By Nomad
I think Perez has pulled a lot of good qualifying sessions and decent races this year. He is really talented.
Sergio Perez for me; closely followed by Paul di Resta, I think that di Resta has underachieved slightly given the car he has!

Very close as well for me, but I went with closest performance (in points) to the seasoned team mate = Di Resta

I was very excited for Perez for the first couple races, the dq for the Saubers in Australia was disapointing.
do Resta or Ricciardo both have beaten their well acclaimed teammates more than they have lost to them.

For that reason I voted for D'Ambrosio.

I certainly hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Di Grassi. D'Ambrosio's seat is still up for grabs at Marussia, particularly because he doesn't have sponsor money. Perhaps we'll see him move the Lotus third driver role next year.

He has the team's two best finishes, seems to be regularly matching Glock for pace, but I haven't checked their qually head-to-head.

See our F1 related articles too!