Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who's best? Buemi or Alguersuari?

Sebastien Buemi
21%
Jaime Alguersuari
79%
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
Toro Rosso has agreed a new sponsorship deal with Spanish oil company CEPSA which will take immediate effect.

A deal has been in the pipeline for some time as the team strengthened relations with Aabar investments. Aabar has a stake in Falcon Private Bank, which had signed a sponsorship deal with Toro Rosso earlier this year, and Aabar's majority owner is the International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC), and in turn IPIC also owns a significant stake in CEPSA.

The deal will see CEPSA branding on the Toro Rosso cars from this weekend's Italian Grand Prix at Monza, as a press release from the team confirmed: "From now on, the CEPSA logo will be visible on Sébastien Buemi's and Jaime Alguersuari's race suits and on the nose, rear wing and rear wing endplates of the cars."

The tie-up with the Spanish company strengthens Alguersuari's position within the team, although no decision on Toro Rosso's 2012 driver line-up will be made until the end of the season.
By darwin dali
Aabar, don't they own part of Mercedes?

:yes:
And Mubadala, one of the initial investors of Aabar (not sure how much they're still involved now that IPIC has taken over 71%), has a stake in Ferrari.
F1 ownership seems to migrate east (Middle East and India).

Along with the F1 circuits.
By andrew

Along with the F1 circuits.

It's where the new money is, along with huge profits and cheap labour.
In my opinion no one of them is really better than the other one. :)

They are indeed rather evenly matched. That's what makes it such a difficult choice. I should really have included a "evenly matched" option on the poll.

I'll bear this in mind for the next one :wink:
By brionella
Jaime for sure, not only has he been performing better than Buemi, but he has a number 1 single in Spain, be it in the electronic charts, but still!
Jaime for sure, not only has he been performing better than Buemi, but he has a number 1 single in Spain, be it in the electronic charts, but still!

It would be good to see him accompanied by Adrian Sutil on the piano... a career the German driver could've built had he not been successful in motorsport.
By Drthjustice
Torro Rosso has made it pretty clear that they only intend to keep one of them. As of right now Alguersuari is 11 point clear of Buemi and looks really good right now. I think skill wise they are about even. Buemi is always going on about how he is so much faster but I don't really see it and to me he looks a bit of a cry baby. My pick would be Alguersuari but what do y'all think?
By scotty
Buemi already seems to be racing at his full potential, Alguersuari looks to be starting to tap into his so on that basis i'd keep him over Buemi...
By racechick
Alguersuari.......he's cute :wink: Mind you not as cute as Bianchi, I cant wait till he comes.
I'd be surprised if they keep Buemi over Alguersuari. Scotty is right on with the growth assessment.
By bigpat
DJ Jaime all the way!

Agree that he shows more potential than Buemi.

....And he spins some pretty cool tracks on the wheels if steel too!

See our F1 related articles too!