FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Which race do you think will not make the cut to the F1 Calender next year?

Bahrain
36%
Melbourne
No votes
0%
Turkey
50%
Austin
No votes
0%
Valencia
14%
Belgium
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Apologies if this was already posted, but I couldn't find it: :wavey:

Taken from: http://af.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idAFJOE75607X20110607
LONDON (Reuters) - Formula One will have 20 races next year and not the record 21 listed on a calendar published last week, according to International Automobile Federation (FIA) president Jean Todt.

The Frenchman, straying into an area normally controlled by the sport's commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone, could not say which race might be axed although Turkey already has an asterisk against it.

"Absolutely not," Todt told Spain's Diario Sport (http://www.sport.es/es/) in an interview carried out at the MotoGP race in Barcelona at the weekend when asked whether there would be 21 races.

"There are 21 dates, but the championship will be with 20 grands prix.

"We don't know which one will go, but the world championship will be 20 races," he emphasised.

The Turkish Grand Prix at Istanbul on May 6 was listed as subject to confirmation after being called into question when local organisers said it faced the axe because of a disagreement over payments to Ecclestone.

The race has been poorly attended in recent years but the circuit is popular with drivers.

Next year's calendar also sees the United States making a return to the championship with a new circuit in Austin, Texas, scheduled for June 17.

Spain is the only country with two races, in Barcelona and Valencia.

So, that brings the question: which GP do you think will be canned next year? Will it be Turkey? Or will it be a different one? Please vote in the poll, and then post your opinion below. :wavey:
I voted for Bahrain (out of hope more than anything) but I expect Turkey to not be on the calendar if Bernie doesn't reduce his fees; of all the Tilke tracks Turkey is my favourite!
Bahrain or Turkey. I think Turkey staying on the calendar depends on what happens in Bahrain, ie if Bahrain is back then Turkey will make way, if not, it'll stay on the calendar.

I understand there's the odd potential problem for Austin (bureaucratic crap) but it should be fine. At least i hope it is.
but isn't there a possibility that there might be less than 20 races? In other words, more than one of the aforementioned tracks may not be prepared for a grand prix next year.
My english isnt good enough to understand neither the question nor the news.So is Turkey still in danger?But that cant be happening they said our chance was raising :(

Turkey is looking like a prime candidate for the chop because the cost is too high to host the GP; the dismal return on investment makes hosting the race a no-go unless Bernie drops his hosting fees; sadly I doubt that will happen with loads of rich countries in the Middle East and Asia queuing up to host races!

See our F1 related articles too!