FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Would you like to see Damon Hill as the future FIA President?

Yes
75%
No
20%
Indifferent
5%
As a Schumacher fan I would be concerned. :hehe:

As far as hypothetical FIA Presidents go, my vote would go to Niki Lauda. He is what I think F1 needs. Just someone who speaks their mind and doesn't go in for double talk. He seems the sort of guy that you would very quickly know where you stand with him.

I think Jean Todt is doing a good job though. Unlike MrM, he is leading without being too visible and FOTA and the FIA seem to be getting pretty well and working together.

Niki Lauda has an irrational hatred of Lewis. So no.

No he doesn't. The quotes of him saying he is a fan of Hamilton is a massive clue. :rolleyes:
i swear to god johnnny hertbert is already the prez.....

i remember seeing it in an article, might of been gossip
but im sure hes the one now......

where on earthdid i see it now.........
Jean Todt is the current president of the FIA. I have a unsettling horrible feeling that Max Mosley will try and oust Todt at the next election given some of his less that flattering comments about Todt.

Johnny Herbert has been a race steward a couple of times. Maybe that's what you are thinking of?
Jean Todt's background is from rallying where he was a co-driver. Other than that his experience is team management in sports cars and some tinpot F1 team. :hehe:

I don't like some of the things he's brought in like DRS and fragile tyres but at least he is willing to explore new avenues unlike Max Mosley who was too busy pressing on with his vandetta against Ferrari and McLaren (rumour has it that Luca di Montezemolo was instrumental in his little evening parties being exposed and he just plain didn't like Ron Dennis) by trying to get the big teams to significantly cut their budgets in quite a short time scale.

See our F1 related articles too!