FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

WHICH OF THE TEAMMATES WILL HAVE MORE POINTS AT THE END OF 2011 ?

Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
20%
Mark Webber - Red Bull
5%
Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
23%
Felipe Massa - Ferrari
2%
Lewis Hamilton - Mclaren
17%
Jenson Button - Mclaren
9%
Nico Rosberg - Mercedes
17%
Michael Schumacher - Mercedes
7%
By andrew
Hannah? Welcome back? :confused:

(sorry, I realize I haven't been posting much, thanks for taking notice, but Hannah? xD)

Sorry I thought I remembered you and Hanwombat both having a thread like "Hi I'm Hannah" "Oh hi - I'm Hannah too!" "BF's forever!" :grouphug::loveyoutoo:

This would be really awkward if you were actually a guy... :eek:

It's awkward enough already :hehe:

Who for? Them or us? :hehe:
By Hansy

(sorry, I realize I haven't been posting much, thanks for taking notice, but Hannah? xD)

Sorry I thought I remembered you and Hanwombat both having a thread like "Hi I'm Hannah" "Oh hi - I'm Hannah too!" "BF's forever!" :grouphug::loveyoutoo:

Yeah, I'm a guy. I guess you dreamed about that thread. Hansy has got nothing to do with my name :P
By Big Azza

Yeah, I'm a guy. I guess you dreamed about that thread. Hansy has got nothing to do with my name :P

Oh dear... :shuffleoff:

Words cannot express how sincerely apologetic I am. :blush:

Perhaps I got you confused with another Algy fan... :wavey:
By vaptin

:D

Sorry, I didn't post just to mock, now that you mention it there is another Algy fan (with his face as an avatar) on here, who is it? It's frustrating me trying to remember, and I'm not bothered enough to hunt through the profile lists.
By Hansy

You most probably didn't; you just made the wrong assumptions. :D No problem.

:D

Sorry, I didn't post just to mock, now that you mention it there is another Algy fan (with his face as an avatar) on here, who is it? It's frustrating me trying to remember, and I'm not bothered enough to hunt through the profile lists.

There's suitcase; I don't remember if she had him on her avatar, though. I don't think so.

So... back on topic. Ricciardo has done a couple races now; how do you think he's faring against his teammate? Did you expect better/worse? Discuss!

(I feel bad for derailing this thread so much :rofl:)
By andrew

:getaroom:
By Big Azza

:getaroom:

:yikes:

I'm not :gay2:

I like :boobies::lightsabre:

:hehe:

So... back on topic. Ricciardo has done a couple races now; how do you think he's faring against his teammate? Did you expect better/worse? Discuss!

I think Ricciardo is doing well, he is doing what I expected of him. I'll probably wait a couple more races before saying for sure, but Red Bull are trying to compare Ricciardo to Vettel, because they have now both raced against Liuzzi.

From my analysis (Part of being an F1 fan is being pedantic about statistics - and trying to twist them to support our bias views :hehe: )

Theoretically Ricciardo is doing better than Vettel, however, with my unprecedented bias I would say Vettel made a bit more impact particularly given his Fuji race - which is a what-could-have-been.

Vettel vs Liuzzi after 5 races:

Outqualified Liuzzi twice, including sticking the STR in 8th place at Fuji in his 5th race in blinding rain. Liuzzi was 14th. ( :cloud9: Sorry had to put that one in there.... :hehe: )

Vettel did only out-race Liuzzi once (on debut), but he deserves a special mention for nearly finishing on the podium in Fuji in his 5th race. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::thumbup:

TBH the HRT can only struggle to finish ahead of the Virgins in a race, let alone move up into the points - however Liuzzi was able to finish 13th in Canada this year ahead of his team mate, both Virgins and a Lotus, albeit in changeable conditions. Could Ricciardo do the same thing? We cannot judge him on that given he hasn't been presented the opportunity.

Ricciardo vs. Liuzzi

Outqualified Liuzzi once, in Monza.

Outraced Liuzzi three times, including beating a faster Virgin.

So Ricciardo is doing mighty impressive given the lack of testing, but come the 6th race the comparison between him and Vettel will obviously swing Vettel's way, where he finished 4th - albeit from a good race strategy. Perhaps I need to give Ricciardo a lot more credit though... he is doing very well. :yikes:

But qualifying means a lot to me when comparing speed, and I just can't put aside my Vettel favouritism.

But see, Ricciardo's only memorable race is finishing ahead of D'Ambrosio - I'm not sure whether he is making as much of an impact as Vettel did - but does he have the car? These questions will continue to circulate through my mind while a lay awake in bed tonight.... :confused:
Lewis Hamilton believes McLaren team-mate Jenson Button has done a better job than him during this year's world championship.

Hamilton has endured a season full of ups and downs, having won two races but also having been involved in several accidents that have ruled him out of the championship fight.

Button, in his second season with McLaren, has also won two races but is 17 points ahead and remains the only other driver than Sebastian Vettel with a mathematical chance of winning the title.

Hamilton praised Button's job this season as "incredible", and conceded he has done a better job this year.

"I think for me now it's just to find my ground and improve on the results that we've had in the last four races," Hamilton was quoted as saying by Reuters in Bangalore on Tuesday.

"Jenson's done an incredible job...I feel he's done a better job all season, really. So even if I did a better job in the next five races it doesn't mean a lot to me. I mean, it's through a whole year," added the Briton.

The McLaren driver also said he has already moved on from his on- and off-track clashes with Ferrari's Felipe Massa at the Singapore Grand Prix last weekend.

"I was able to just ignore it and move on," he said.

src: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94879

Well, that's that then... Jenson is the better driver (at least in 2011) ;)
True, Jenson Button has driven masterfully this season. This is the best we've seen him, even better than his title-winning '09 campaign.

His confidence is sky-high, he's pulled off more overtakes than ANYONE this season and he brings the car home without a doubt, providing no mechanical failures / other people's mistakes intervene.

It's good to see Lewis Hamilton getting pushed by a team-mate. It happened with Fernando Alonso, but not with Heikki Kovalainen.

I'm praying that McLaren produce a damn-fine car next season, not only because I support the team, but also for the sight that would be Jenson VS Lewis at the very very top. Both drivers have proved beyond any doubt that they are up there with the very very best. :thumbup:
True, Jenson Button has driven masterfully this season. This is the best we've seen him, even better than his title-winning '09 campaign.

His confidence is sky-high, he's pulled off more overtakes than ANYONE this season and he brings the car home without a doubt, providing no mechanical failures / other people's mistakes intervene.

It's good to see Lewis Hamilton getting pushed by a team-mate. It happened with Fernando Alonso, but not with Heikki Kovalainen.

I'm praying that McLaren produce a damn-fine car next season, not only because I support the team, but also for the sight that would be Jenson VS Lewis at the very very top. Both drivers have proved beyond any doubt that they are up there with the very very best. :thumbup:

I think this is a very very hopeful post :wink:
By f1ea
Nico has not been any good thi s yr. Also a bit unlucky, and yet he is still ahead of MS... not encouraging at all. But to be honest, the last 2 races he's been pretty exciting. Let's see if he manages to pull a couple good solid weekends, who knows maybe he'll improve on Nico.......
By bud

Let's see what the MP4-27 can deliver fingers crossed for a return of 1988 dominance :twisted:

Let's see what the MP4-27 can deliver fingers crossed for a return of 1988 dominance :twisted:

I'd hate to simply go from one dominant team to another. I'd much rather see a season where any given GP would be won by any given number of teams/drivers. The WDC would be claimed with a score of 250 points at year's end. :D
By bud
I've been a McLaren fan for so long, the last time they had anything like the RB7 dominance was in the Honda era. I don't care if it bores everyone else I want a dominant McLaren and we can see what Lewis can do :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!