FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

WHICH OF THE TEAMMATES WILL HAVE MORE POINTS AT THE END OF 2011 ?

Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
20%
Mark Webber - Red Bull
5%
Fernando Alonso - Ferrari
23%
Felipe Massa - Ferrari
2%
Lewis Hamilton - Mclaren
17%
Jenson Button - Mclaren
9%
Nico Rosberg - Mercedes
17%
Michael Schumacher - Mercedes
7%
By FRAFPDD
We can argue who is better all year long, Lewis fans will say Lewis is better; Jenson fans will say Jenson is better, in reality they'll be near enough equal come the end of the season.

Both drivers have their strengths and weaknesses; both are capable of winning races and championships as proven, why do we constantly have to argue who is better? Can't we just appreciate that we have two top drivers at McLaren, there's no shame in Hamilton being beaten by Button or Button being beaten by Hamilton, two drivers of contrasting styles make the racing interesting!

Originally I voted for Lewis to beat Jenson but seeing Jenson become more confident over the season has made my opinion swing towards the man from Frome!

The entirety of my point is that this is nothing to do with whos the better driver.

The entirety of my point is that you ever so conveniently stress the two DNFs of Jenson, when completely failing to mention Hamiltons(bad strategies, plain bad luck) , this debate is about fairness not superiority.

Im happy to point out where Jensons lost points through no fault of his own.

Do you not read what I write? I have pointed out that both had two DNF's a piece and both have had their fair share of bad luck with strategy and whatnot, my point is that Lewis' retirements were of his own making, Jensons' were not... you make out that Lewis has had the lions share of the bad luck; which isn't the case as Scotty pointed out. You should take a look at your own posts and realise that you are doing exactly what you are accusing myself and Scotty of doing, yes, yes the whole world is against Lewis and because of that he has an inability to win titles...

Lewis isn't doing so well so clearly the team is shafting him, guess McLaren must have shafted Jenson when he only had three wheels on his wagon and ran out hydraulic juice!

Yeah fair points, but in turn youve missed what im saying, your going purely on one set of criteria, that is, not finishing a race

Your saying (im paraphrasing but its the jist of it) " Jenson has had two DNFS not his fault, Lewis has had two DNFS his fault, Jenson is still ahead, wow"

What a historian would do is say, well where else have they lost the points, and then the picture becomes clear, Hamiltons outqualifying Jenson 95 percent of the time, why is he finishing behind, is he really that bad, no. Hes has a rotten bout of luck, that is, none at all, and his results are unrepresentative on the whole of how well hes drove.

My only beef was that you and scotty only mentioned DNF's, thats not the only way to lose points, and if your going to suggest Buttons bad luck is the same as Hamiltons then i dont know how i can ever take it serious again because its so clear whos received the worst of it throughout the year.

Your true feelings are coming out now, "inability to win titles", well hes won one....within two years....... i remember old Jensy being the first of the 5 in 2010 to be mathmatically out of the championship?

I also clearly said (although youve gone and missed it because it wouldnt serve your agenda) that they dont favour him actively, they just passively do, ie, they like him better. He has the support.
Yeah fair points, but in turn youve missed what im saying, your going purely on one set of criteria, that is, not finishing a race

No, I got your point; and I believe that acknowledged your point, I'm more than aware that there is more than one way to lose points in F1, but wouldn't you say losing 25, 18, 15 points by retirements through team mistakes or mechanical failure is worse than suffering from a strategic error and only getting a fourth of third place. You're looking at it through Lewis tinted glasses; the bad luck evens out; I am a Jenson fan but I also will get on Jenson's case if he puts in a poor performance or makes mistakes, I'm not blinded by being a fan of Jenson!

Your true feelings are coming out now, "inability to win titles", well hes won one....within two years....... i remember old Jensy being the first of the 5 in 2010 to be mathmatically out of the championship?

My true feelings? no you said the following in the Italian GP thread:

What on earth is Lewis meant to achieve when everyone is against him,

whitmarsh f***s him over
massa hates him
alonso hates him
"fans" hate him
drivers hate him

Im ecstatic at how he done over the maFIA in 08 and put his name in the history books, but he wont get anymore if this continues, he could and IS the best driver ive seen race but he wont win s*** with so many people out to get him.

getting fed up of f1 and its corruptness. Sometimes F1 really is a crock of s***

I simply used your own words; maybe I should have used "inability to win more titles" in my reply to make my position clear!!!

I also clearly said (although youve gone and missed it because it wouldnt serve your agenda) that they dont favour him actively, they just passively do, ie, they like him better. He has the support.

It doesn't matter; actively, passively, you are still suggesting that McLaren are screwing over one driver in favour of another, if Whitmarsh wanted to have Jenson as team leader; he wouldn't have gone out of his way to get Lewis' signature long term while Jenson still hasn't been re-signed for McLaren for next season.

Clearly we are not going to agree on this; if you want to believe that I am completely biased and hate Lewis' you go right ahead, it's no skin off my nose!!!
By scotty
Im not wasting my hours recapping the events of the season in Hamiltons case for you to then dismiss them like youve just done, you can do that yourself.

Well, i listed a bunch of things that have affected Button, that was obviously a waste of my time as you haven't even bothered to address them or even recognise them in the first place yourself. Not much to ask to expect someone to thoroughly explain their position in a matter of debate.

1. Myownalias has a clear enough head to have managed to see it both wasnt personal and didnt appear personal enough to question so, i werent being personal, your the only one that thinks so mate, perhaps dropping your bias against me since the days where i made the brutal mistake of mentioning how crap i think Kubica is in your presence would save us all some hassle?

As for this point, how ridiculous. You claimed i was twisting things to fit some sort of sodding agenda FFS! :yawn:

How am i biased against you? I don't even remember this Kubica incident you refer to so it would seem that it's your problem. Cause you've had a couple of warnings and stuff from me, is that it? If so i'll just say you shouldn't break the rules, i'm just doing my damned job as a mod here, dunno why i bother with the hassle of it sometimes. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So on that note i would just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of that fact. Don't cause trouble and you won't get any grief from me for doing so, simple as! And especially don't then go on to try and claim some sort of bias to try and escape blame for your actions cause it doesn't simply doesn't wash with me or anyone on the mod team!
By FRAFPDD
Whatever guys,

I dont care whos ahead, or who finishes ahead, i care about calling people out on their lack of objectivity, you might be mods, you might like both drivers, but you both did it nonetheless, so i said something about it.

If a Lewis fan listed all his muck ups that he didnt cause and said " hes still 9 points behind jenson" and forgot to mention jensons luck, then id of done the exact same thing and told them jensons misfortunate, if someone, infact two people, that are well noted better fans of jenson then lewis say " jenson is ahead, and he had 2 dnfs that werent his fault compared to lewis's that were" id prompty point them in the direction of Lewis numerous bad mclaren calls throughout the year to give them more of an even view of things they might of forgotten.

Thats pretty much the end of it.
I've cleaned up this thread of all the petty unnecessary personal comments and re-opened it as it has merit as thread; anymore of it and warnings/bans will be dished out, end of...
I've cleaned up this thread of all the petty unnecessary personal comments and re-opened it as it has merit as thread; anymore of it and warnings/bans will be dished out, end of...

I would have been pissed if you removed my DD SAYS CHILLAX masterpiece. :D

I wouldn't have dreamed of it; although I think that masterpieces generally take longer than 30 seconds to create... :wink::hehe:

Anyway, back on topic; bad moderators trying to derail this thread! :yikes:

Where's my color customized Chillax??? :(
By Big Azza
Hannah? Welcome back? :confused:

(sorry, I realize I haven't been posting much, thanks for taking notice, but Hannah? xD)

Sorry I thought I remembered you and Hanwombat both having a thread like "Hi I'm Hannah" "Oh hi - I'm Hannah too!" "BF's forever!" :grouphug::loveyoutoo:

This would be really awkward if you were actually a guy... :eek:
By bud
Hannah? Welcome back? :confused:

(sorry, I realize I haven't been posting much, thanks for taking notice, but Hannah? xD)

Sorry I thought I remembered you and Hanwombat both having a thread like "Hi I'm Hannah" "Oh hi - I'm Hannah too!" "BF's forever!" :grouphug::loveyoutoo:

This would be really awkward if you were actually a guy... :eek:

It's awkward enough already :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!