FORUMula1.com

F1 and Motorsport Forums

Will we see Vettel at Ferrari after his RBR contract ends?

Yes
16
50%
No
16
50%
#274777
Bye_Ya wrote:I don't honestly think that having a #2 driver to "play the game" is the Ferrari mindset going forward, but if it is then it is a mistake. The constructors' championship is obviously worth a lot of money, and they would be foolish not to go for it in bettering their team and the car. But right now Massa is really just a shadow of his former achievements, and imo that contributes most to the current situation.
But then, if we look back over recent years, we see people who simply played second fiddle. Barrichello, Irvine, etc...................................

Whether that was by chance or not I don't know, but it seemed to work for the Scuderia.
#274794
andrew wrote:
Big Azza wrote:I think we will see Vettel at Ferrari in about 3 to 5 years.
Not whilst Alonso is calling the shots.
I have a little confidence that Vettel and Alonso would be evenly matched... But that's why I say 3 to 5 years. Alonso won't be so quick by then, Vettel will be at least a triple World Champion, but I'll be gutsy and say he will at least have 5 WDC's by the time he moves... Qualifies better than Alonso, while Alonso is better in the race... Could be something we could rave about to our grandkids for some time. :wavey:

Imagine that? The Ferrari Dream Team in future - say Alonso gets another WDC - We have a triple world champion with a five-time world champion - I'd say that's an unprecedented event in racing history - a team with 2 veterans of 8 WDCs... :cloud9:

However, it would also be epic to see Vettel take on the mighty Alonso, in the next few years while they are at the peak of their game. Both drivers will be confident - and it would be some very, very, epic battles - with them in midfield cars while Karun Chandhok is there racking up all the race wins in the best car...
#274803
andrew wrote:
bud wrote:Alonso won't let it happen, that's the part everyone's missing :wink:
I didn't miss it.
Oh. :(

Oh well, they'll have to do what Williams did to Prost in the 93/94 off-season. :thumbup:
#274808
Id rather see Hamilton there and Vettel at Mclaren.
Hamilton has more going for him i feel that would suit the italian marquee more

- Hes a god fearing catholic
- Hes passionate
-Hes aggressive
- Speaks Italian
- drives with flair

Vettels a bit more calculated, it would also be too repititive of schumacher mere years before and it would seem the worlds just trying too hard to remake that era. It wont happen.
#274813
bud wrote:The day Hamiltons at Ferrari is the day the pope comes out and says, "sorry people it's all a scam there is no jebus"
its sooner then you think.
#274835
FRAFPDD wrote:
bud wrote:The day Hamiltons at Ferrari is the day the pope comes out and says, "sorry people it's all a scam there is no jebus"
its sooner then you think.
Here's hope...









...for the pope bit.

McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]

Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]

Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]

Max Verstappen 33 Support

No chance with this year's Red Bull car (and […]

Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!