FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss equipment & technique - show-off your photography here!

Photo Of the Month - May 2013 - "Speed"

Entry-1
25%
Entry-2
8%
Entry-3
42%
Entry-4
25%
Come on!!! I want to see some more pics!!

I could take a picture of a Porsche that's parked in my street. They can go pretty fast (thus fitting into the catagory) but it is more hideous than DD favourite picture. :hehe:

:nono: You don't know ANYTHING about my favorite pictures :twisted::whip:

I could take a picture of a Porsche that's parked in my street. They can go pretty fast (thus fitting into the catagory) but it is more hideous than DD favourite picture. :hehe:

:yikes: did you finally get a digital camera?
By LRW

You used 4 too many words there DD. :wink:

You used 4 too many words there DD. :wink:

OUCH :yikes:
I'm so excited (not that kind of excited DD!) - our 1st poll is up. Can't wait to see who will be crowned the first ever shutter-king/queen.

Make sure you get a vote in, and its ok to post and say which one you voted for and why - it's up to each individual to decide if they want to do that.

We have 4 entries, all are great IMO and thanks to the contestants for submitting them.

Entry-1

Entry-2

Entry-3

Entry-4
So hard to pick really, and unfair IMO on the 3 that missed - but, a choice had to be made.

I liked the recondite interpretations on 1 and 2, if fact I was leaning that way for a long time. 3 is a clear winner in the direct interpretation and it has good structure.

In the end I went with 4 because, although the structure doesn't conform to accepted suggestions, and although the subject is frozen, the implication of speed is there. It has good exposure and, for me the subject being "too high" in the image actually gives the feeling you're really looking up at the subject.

If I wasn't so cocky I'd be intimidated (by these four entries) from entering next months contest :)
:yikes: can't choose!! Why can I never make my mind up!!! I'll have to think about this for a while. Still wont be able to choose!
:yikes: can't choose!! Why can I never make my mind up!!! I'll have to think about this for a while. Still wont be able to choose!

WWRD?

What would Roscoe do? :thumbup:
Yes. I'll give that line of thinking a whirl.

See our F1 related articles too!