FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
As most of you know that the top teams spend over £200 million each year on their cars compaired to £30 million for some of the less well of teams. All this means is that every race you will see the same leaders and the same back markers, unless of course accidents change that situation. Do you think the governing body should cap the amount that teams spend.
I would like your veiws of this as this has been an heated topic around my house on race days, and we carnt agree. :?:

Rodit
By Irv the Swerve
Are you R00DIT's little bro!? :P:wink:

Let them go bust. Toyota can have (and do have) the most cash to splash and where are they now? Doesn't matter about the money its about the performance.

Welcome btw! :D
By darwin dali
Latest numbers I've read say that McLaren actually dethroned Toyota as the spending queen.
By bud
Latest numbers I've read say that McLaren actually dethroned Toyota as the spending queen.

not bad for a privateer team :lol:
By darwin dali
Yep, DaimlerChrysler is a private company.
By madbrad
no it's publicly traded LOL.
By bud
Yep, DaimlerChrysler is a private company.

didnt know they had 100% shareholding in Mclaren ;)
By darwin dali
I didn't say that, but it's a majority holding.
By vegas
Why would you want to restrict the budget of an F1 team? This is so stupid. If you did then large investors (Vodafone, ING, Shell, RBS...) would just spend less money in Formula 1 and spend more in other forms of advertising instead. At least in F1 they are not only getting there monies worth of advertising but they are supporting automotive technology R&D. This technology (better aerodynamics, more efficient power packages) is directly linked to how efficient the personal car you drive everyday is. For God sakes, give them more money and lets see what amazing new technology these teams can create as a byproduct of racing.
By 7UpJordan
F1 is not Football. FACT

They should bring in spending restrictions in Football yes (to stop Chelsea, ManUre buying their way to glory) but F1 is a totally different sport in more than 1 way.
By jobowobo13
F1 is not Football. FACT

They should bring in spending restrictions in Football yes (to stop Chelsea, ManUre buying their way to glory) but F1 is a totally different sport in more than 1 way.

And Real Madrid mustn't be forgotten.

But if there was a restriction, where is the limit? Is it so high that it doesn't matter to the top of the field or that low that the top teams will suffer?
By 7UpJordan
F1 is not Football. FACT

And Real Madrid mustn't be forgotten.

But if there was a restriction, where is the limit? Is it so high that it doesn't matter to the top of the field or that low that the top teams will suffer?

Sometimes you don't need a huge bag of money to be successful in F1, Super Aguri are doing well on their shoestring budget, and granted they have bought their chassis from Honda, it still won't stop someone from doing what Larrousse and Scuderia Italia did buying chassis from Lola and Dallara respectively.
By vegas
Its obviously not just about money, look at Toyota. When was the last time they won a race? Oh thats right, they have been at it for 5 years with the largest budget and not a single win.
By Freddie
Exactly what I was thinking, Vegas - as long as all the money can't buy you success let them throw it out of the window

Well, it would be better if they gave it to me, but I don't think I can get them to buy that idea ;-)
By R00DIT
hi rodit, are you my long long relative? :D

See our F1 related articles too!