FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Irv the Swerve
Looks like FM banished his demons from three weeks ago to line up in front of Alonso at the front, but the worst perfromance has to go Honda. Nightmare car, and looks like they are going bad to down right awful. Renault look dreadful too ending up 11th and 12th. Rain might shake things up a bit tomorrow, as we saw flashes of rain towards the very end of Q.

MALAYSIAN GP GRID

1. MASSA Ferrari
2. ALONSO McLaren
3. RAIKKONEN Ferrari
4. HAMILTON McLaren
5. HEIDFELD BMW
6. ROSBERG Williams
7. KUBICA BMW
8. TRULLI Toyota
9. SCHUMACHER Toyota
10. WEBBER Red Bull
11. KOVALAINEN Renault
12. FISICHELLA Renault
13. COULTHARD Red Bull
14. SATO Super Aguri
15. BUTTON Honda
16. LUIZZI Toro Rosso
17. SPEED Toro Rosso
18. DAVIDSON Super Aguri
19. WURZ Williams
20. ALBERS Spyker
21. SUTIL Spyker
22. BARRICHELLO Honda*

* after engine change penalty
Last edited by Irv the Swerve on 07 Apr 07, 16:40, edited 2 times in total.
By darwin dali
The worst performance because unlike Honda it was unexpected: Renault! They won this race in the past two years, are the defending world champs and then this? Remember Flab going berserk on HK after Australia? Can you imagine what's going on behind closed doors NOW? Oh, I wish I was a fly on the wall :D
By Dazza
It will be interesting to see if Ferrari can finally complete a grand prix week-end without any technical issues. They've had a problem in each of the last 3 races, either in qualifying or the race itself.
By Stephen
I think you'll find Coulthard hasn't had a engine penalty, but lets wait until the GP. :D
By Stephen
I wouldn't believe everything you see on ITV F1. ;)

When I see a credible news report, i'll print it! :D
By Irv the Swerve
You may be right with ITV but give them a little credit. :wink::D
By darwin dali
It is believed that reports of an engine change for the Red Bull driver were misinterpreted, after the Scot had a new customer Renault engine fitted prior to the start of the free practice session on Saturday.

Coulthard, who qualified 13th at Sepang, did not finish the Australian Grand Prix after clashing with Alex Wurz, thus allowing him to have a new engine for round two without fear of penalty.

Indeed, Renault's head of Track Support for the Red Bull engine supply Fabrice Lom confirmed that the 2.4 litre units worked 'without any problem' on Saturday.

Reports that Rubens Barrichello will go to the back of the grid, however, are correct, after the team switched the Brazilian to the spare Honda RA107 for qualifying - including its separate engine - at the last moment.
By bud
Renault! They won this race in the past two years, are the defending world champs and then this? :D

whats your point last two years they were intwined with Michelins, id like to see ferrari do well this year if the sole tyre supplier was Michelin! they wouldnt beable to get pencil nibbling insider information from their gay lover relationship like they have with bridgestone!
and compare Ferrari to their 04-05 performance. Tyre rule change stuffed up their form, not until they used politics to change the tyre rule to suit their form for 06(look where that got you redbull)

ahhhh Ferrari is so easy to hate, they make it way to easy by their dirty italian ways
By darwin dali
McLaren? Was a Michelin bitch and is doing just fine now with Bridgestones. Toyota was with Bridgestone and is still lingering in midfield with the control tires these days. BMW Sauber switched to Bridgestone only this season and they're driving circles around Renault.
Your hatred for the scuderia makes you one-dimensional bud and very predictable :roll::mrgreen:
By 7UpJordan
A great performance from Rosberg once again getting the Williams up to 6th on the grid, shame about Wurz's gearbox but let's hope he makes progress through the field tomorrow. :)

Webber seems to have finally stopped moaning and has shown yet again why there is still hope for Privateer teams over the works engine teams because now Red Bull have managed to out-pace the Renault works team as well, so now that's Honda, Toyota and now Renault all out-paced by their so-called "B Teams".

McLaren have closed the gap nicely with Alonso just losing out on pole at the last second, but I think we're in for a great race tomorrow. :D
By darwin dali
Yeah, NR did well as he did in Sepang last year. He seems to like this track and do well there. If only he could show more consistency in his results throughout the season.

I think the Renault performance (or lack of it) is a fluke and down the road they will establish themselves again well ahead of Red Bull...
By 7UpJordan
Yeah, NR did well as he did in Sepang last year. He seems to like this track and do well there. If only he could show more consistency in his results throughout the season.

Both Nico and Webber lacked consistency last season, primarily due to the unreliability of the FW28 and also the little-to-zero development carried out on the Cosworth engine throughout the season. But this season the FW29 is about a million times better than its predecessor, and I am sure Rosberg will now find consistency.
By darwin dali
Your word in his ear - I don't hold my breath, yet :D

See our F1 related articles too!