FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
The weather forecast calls for a very wet Saturday - and wet in Malaysia means extreme wet. And Sunday afternoon is supposed to be somewhat wet as well. So, who's the new rain meister? Who's going to take it to the chequered flag when it pours? A chance for RB - he's known to be good in the rain?
I think we could see quite a few surprises at the next race, some of the usual also-runs might get some nice points/podium positions.
By Irv the Swerve
Well the last wet race was in Hungary and JB did well but I know with the new tyres and everything but could he be in the mix come next sunday? JB has come out to say that the Honda is improving steadly but i just don't trust Honda anymore.

China was the last..... :oops:
By bud
Alonso is the king of the wet, seems to be the only driver out there that knows how to take a wet line! the last king of the wet was Senna....
By 7UpJordan
Be interesting to see what Hamilton's like in the wet, I reckon Barrichello could benefit from the wet and we saw how well Button did last year at Hungary.
By welshie
I have to agree with bud, Alonso is very good in the wet. He takes a wider line in the corners like they do in carting, where less rubber is laid down, and more grip can be found.

Button is good in the wet as he is super smooth, not allowing the car to get out of shape.

And I imagine Hamilton will have a very similar technique to Alonso due to the cars he was driving last year.

OR they could all just aqua plain into the barriers on the first lap :lol:
By darwin dali
That's what I'm thinking too - the big kahunas will risk too much because they want/need to win the race. Hence, second tier drivers may have a real chance to shine in the wet. But maybe this is all wishful thinking on my part and we'll have the same old same old going on... :)
By madbrad
With all those teams not used to Bridgestone I think rain will mix things up a fair bit. Good for the spectacle. We might see a first time winner.
By Marco
Alonso is the king of the wet, seems to be the only driver out there that knows how to take a wet line! the last king of the wet was Senna....

[armour on]What about Schumacher?[armour off] :twisted:
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Kimi is hoping for cooler conditions, so that his engine doesn't overheat.

He's also bloody good in the wet (Suzuka 2005, anyone?).

Massa will not be pleased :D
By Marco
Kimi is hoping for cooler conditions, so that his engine doesn't overheat.

He's also bloody good in the wet (Suzuka 2005, anyone?).

Massa will not be pleased :D

Aren't Ferrari allowed to change the cooling around the engine prior to each race? I understand that he may change engines due to a 'small water leak' during the Aus GP, but I think he'll be fine during the race. I still predict an Alonso win though, assuming Kimi has issues.
By darwin dali

[armour on]What about Schumacher?[armour off] :twisted:

oh, it's just bud being bud :roll:
By welshie
To be fair anything can happen in the wet, so if it it soaked then this will no doubt be a MUST WATCH race, as pretty much anyone could win. Am looking forward to some good off's! :twisted:
By Irv the Swerve
To be fair anything can happen in the wet, so if it it soaked then this will no doubt be a MUST WATCH race, as pretty much anyone could win. Am looking forward to some good off's! :twisted:
Hope its like the Brazil GP in 03. What a race!!! :D
By welshie
Yes! That is exactly what my fingers are crossed for, a real spectacle of a race!!
By Irv the Swerve
Maybe Alonso crashing into the tyre barrier once again!! :D

See our F1 related articles too!