FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Irv the Swerve
ITV F1 commentator James Allen is to quit at the end of the season, due to "personal issues". ITV has yet to confirm the story.

James took over the mic from fans favourite Murray Walker permanently after the 2001 United States Grand Prix and has since commentated on every Grand Prix since.

Allen said, "I wish to thank the fans for the wonderful years and I'm sad that's it's coming to an end"

It's unknown who will replace James come next season.

There is a god!!!!! :D:D:D
By 7UpJordan
This puts the news of no slicks coming back straight back in the pan. :D

Who will take over? Will Ted Kravitz get promoted? Or will it be another ex F1 driver taking over like Mansell or Hill or Blundell or Warwick? Or will John Watson make the switch from Sky Sports to ITV?
By madbrad
Martin is the colour man. Unless he quits too, the other person wouldn't be an ex driver too. Maybe Louise? Makes a bit of sense to me. But then who would DC run to for his interview after his offings? Peter Windsor? DC would take his time walking back.
By darwin dali
Hey, leave PW alone - we need him at SPEED TV! :wink:
By darwin dali
ITV F1 commentator James Allen is to quit at the end of the season, due to "personal issues". ITV has yet to confirm the story.

James took over the mic from fans favourite Murray Walker permanently after the 2001 United States Grand Prix and has since commentated on every Grand Prix since.

Allen said, "I wish to thank the fans for the wonderful years and I'm sad that's it's coming to an end"

It's unknown who will replace James come next season.

There is a god!!!!! :D:D:D

Not that it affects me here in the States whether or not that bozo is on the air - but do I smell April's Fool here? 8):D
By madbrad
Crap I forget the date every year! I'm so easy to play April fool's on!
By madbrad
I have no problem with James. Is having aproblem with James a british thing?
By deMuRe
When he used to say "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo" at the start of the races, the extra long "Gooooooo's", I was so put off the race I could feel ulcer's starting to form in my stomach...

When he used to try too hard and say quirky things to be like Murray, I was filled with murderous rage, a white film formed over my eyes and I started summoning demons from the afterlife...

I got so upset when James Allen spoke I would turn the TV volume down and put on BBC's Five Live coverage from the radio...

I really enjoyed Jon Watson's coverage on that one lovely year of F1 Digital+, hope he gets the nod...
By Red Five
I am so glad I didn't see this yesterday, I would have totally fallen for it!

deMuRe you actually enjoyed John Watson?! He was (and still is on A1GP) the most annoying little bar steward ever to grace the commentary box - I'd rather listen to James Allen.

Ben Edwards is the future, him and Martin Brundle together could conquer the world!
By Red Five
Yes, yes he is, or I think he is anyway, really does spoil A1GP for me.
By madbrad
I find Watson'r talking kind of news like. In a bad way. IDK who Ben Edwards is.

See our F1 related articles too!