FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By F1Poser
Hey great looking site. Just thought I'd take the opportunity to be the first to post in this section.

Just reading Newsnow.net and read a story that quoted Mansell as saying that F1 is 'sterile'. Never a Mansell fan myself, my first thoughts were 'just as sterile as you Nigel', but I think this old timer has a point to make. His main attack seems to surround the current qualifying format, and I have to agree.

My opinion is that the format should be scraped and that we return to the 12 lap qualifying that we had in recent years, perhaps removing the lap limit and allowing the cars to run with limited fuel. The qualifying position could then arrived at through the best times for a traditional flying lap, or an aggregate of two, three or even four fast laps.

Would this work, are there any other views? :arrow:
By Marco
LOL, couldnt agree more, F1 has died a death every since qually was changed. I remember sitting at Bridge during 2004 at the Silverstone GP, wondering why on earth I had paid so much cash for a one lap wonder!

Something needs to change or A1 is going to stuff us. :cry:
By deMuRe
So do you think F1 is any less sterile now?

Looking to give a bit of life to the oldest post I could find...
By welshie
Nope, i really enjoyed the race on Sunday!! Was a revelation!
By 7UpJordan
Much less sterile now, shame the TV cameras were never on the case for some of the passing moves ie. Rosberg passing Ralf, especially considering the camera had been watching Rosberg all over the back of Ralf's Toyota for quite some time and then cut to Fizzy for no reason.
By madbrad
By deMuRe
Yep I've got to say, providing McLaren can lift their game in the next 2 races and BMW push hard this season we could be in for a classic!
By Stephen

Lol, I thought I recognised the thread. F1 will be boring when Mansell Jnr arrives, that's for sure! :roll:
By 7UpJordan
Mansell may have been boring out of the car, but in the car he was brilliant.
By Irv the Swerve

When he could fit in the car. :P
By 7UpJordan

When he could fit in the car. :P

The 1995 McLaren, what an ugly beast that was! They had to make a wider cockpit making Mansell miss the first 2 races, Mansell must have had an affect on the team somehow because their 1996 McLaren looked fat and ugly too! :lol:

See our F1 related articles too!