FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
just wondered what yours was?

mine would have to be Imola, and having just lost their mother, having the Schumachers finishing first and third. a massive achievement in my mind.
By 7UpJordan
Damon Hill winning the Spanish GP picking up the team once after the tragedy of Imola that year in the same fashion his father Graham picked up the Lotus team after Jim Clark's death.
By Jens
I gotta say Jenson's first win
By deMuRe
Hungary '98
By Stephen
Very tough this, there's been so many.

If anything, given the question, it would have to be triumph over adversity. DC taking 2nd/3rd at Barcelona following his plane crash took some doing. Especially given insisted on driving with broken ribs.

Overtaking wise, Kimi on Fisichella at Suzuka in 2005 was pretty special. Final lap, and an overtaking move which catapulted the Finn to victory. :D
By darwin dali
MS taking the title in the unlikely Benetton.
By deMuRe
Very tough this, there's been so many.

If anything, given the question, it would have to be triumph over adversity. DC taking 2nd/3rd at Barcelona following his plane crash took some doing. Especially given insisted on driving with broken ribs.

Overtaking wise, Kimi on Fisichella at Suzuka in 2005 was pretty special. Final lap, and an overtaking move which catapulted the Finn to victory. :D

Yeah DC racing with broken ribs, that was also a very special moment...
By madbrad
Most of Senna's drives in 88.
By Freddie
When Scummi finally retired !
By Irv the Swerve
Gerhard Berger's win at Hockenheim 97. Emotional.
By madbrad
The way Senna took Monaco in 92. true he got the lead from mansell's puncture, but he held him off like I've never seen!
By Dazza
Suzuka 2000
By madbrad
Speaking of Berger's '97 German GP win, As you well know it was his last win, but some intersting stats make it memorable for me, not feelings wise, but I seem to always remember the numbers aspect of things, and that is for me the memorable stuff:
Berger's first and last wins were both in a Benetton. They were also Benetton's first and last wins.

Berger also won there in '94, breaking Ferrari's losing streak. Their previous win was Spain '90.

Adelaide '94 was the last 3.5 litre race. It was won by Nigel Mansell in a Williams. He also won the first 3.5 Litre race, after the turbo ban, in a Ferarri. This is part of the the reason the Tifosi love him so, and how hw got to be known as Il Lione, Red #5.

Here's one I forgot: Senna winning a certain time in the Lotus in the rain, I forget where, but it was his first rainy race since moving to Lotus, and he won it in such resounding style that it earned him the title of rainmaster, which he certainly did live up to in the years afterward.

There was also a time in the very early '80s that Watson won after starting from the very back in a Mclaren.
By sonic
Easy one. Hill in the Arrows at Hungary in 1997 passing Schumacher's Ferrari for the lead. I am not Hill's greatest fan, he drove some really poor races, but that one was without doubt one of the best drives I have seen anyone if F1 offer. 2nd Place was Murray Walker when Hill took the championship in 1996. Never has he been speechless before (or since). "And I've got to stop, because I've got a lump in my throat!"

Give Murray a knighthood!

See our F1 related articles too!