FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
What's with this guy?

First he slags off Raikkonen and now Todt?

Chip on shoulder???
By Selcouth_Feline
I think everyone just had their claws out this weekend
By madbrad
Doesn't he always talk like that about everybody?
By deMuRe
He just misses being a part of the pitlane, a few controversial words to get some attention and feel that rush all over again...
By 7UpJordan
If he wants a piece of the action, he should make a comeback in the Brabham fan-car from 1978. :D
By Irv the Swerve
What 7UpJordan said about Huub Rothengatter in ''Behind the Helmet'' I looked him up and Lauda said that he was a "rattengott" - literally "God of the rats". :shock:
By 7UpJordan
What 7UpJordan said about Huub Rothengatter in ''Behind the Helmet'' I looked him up and Lauda said that he was a "rattengott" - literally "God of the rats". :shock:

I thought Lauda was the one everyone called "The Rat" :P
By deMuRe

Apparently it was Lauda that placed the phone call to Ron Dennis to tell him Adrian Newey was about to sign with Jaguar (Bobby Rahal), which gave enough time for Ron to stop the deal from going through...
By Jens

Apparently it was Lauda that placed the phone call to Ron Dennis to tell him Adrian Newey was about to sign with Jaguar (Bobby Rahal), which gave enough time for Ron to stop the deal from going through...
Which didn't really stop it, just delayed it. He works there now.
By deMuRe

LoL yep, they got him eventually... Eventually being the operative word in that statement...
By Jens

LoL yep, they got him eventually... Eventually being the operative word in that statement...

This is true.
By madbrad
Did Lauda have it in for Newey, or was he a$$kissing for a Mclaren job, or what? No wonder he gets called a rat!
By deMuRe
Did Lauda have it in for Newey, or was he a$$kissing for a Mclaren job, or what? No wonder he gets called a rat!

I think Lauda knew Rahal was brought on to get Newey to Jaguar, by helping Dennis keep Newey that allowed Lauda to become team boss...

Did you guys catch wind of Lauda's retrenchment payment after Ford decided to get rid of him? I think it was in the region of 20 million dollars...

Knives in the back and greed, don't you just love F1...

See our F1 related articles too!