FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
MIght sound like a dumb question, but can he win the championship this season? He's been chased by McLaren (who are likely to improve) and he has no experience of winning a WC. Also, Ferrari have no Brawn or Schumacher, and are likely to fall back mid-season. What do you think?
By Dazza
What makes you think Ferrari will fall back mid-season?
In terms of speed, McLaren seem to have quite a bit of catching up to do. For me, reliability will be the key. Reliability clearly decided the outcome of the last two championships. I think the picture will become clearer after the Malaysian GP.
Here's a controversial question, but I can't resist : considering how close championships can be, and the fact that KR already has a 7 point lead over FM, should Ferrari start considering team orders? :twisted:
By welshie
MIght sound like a dumb question, but can he win the championship this season?

yes he can, i just don't want him to :twisted:
By Stephen
Here's a controversial question, but I can't resist : considering how close championships can be, and the fact that KR already has a 7 point lead over FM, should Ferrari start considering team orders? :twisted:

Now there's a question! However, I don't think they'll have to do it. Massa looked positively downbeat watching Kimi in qualifying, and unless Kimi suffers issues in qualifying in a later race, I can't see team orders making much difference to the outcome of the championship. Massa is already beaten.
By madbrad
Kimi has the fire. Massa never had it. If the Mclarens don't pick up soon, then yes Kimi has the title.
By Jens
Yes, Kimi will be world champion this year.
By Stephen
Yes, Kimi will be world champion this year.

So, whose looking forward to 2008? :lol:
By Jens
I'm looking forward to a season with a Honda that's quick at most races
By gorilla
NO Way. He will do something stupid or Ferrari will have a problem with the car.
By darwin dali
Hold your horses, maaaan! It's just the first race and you're handing out championship titles already and poopoo a driver who made the best out of a bad situation he's not responsible for :roll::roll::roll::!::!::!:
Yes, KR can win the title this year, but will he? Maybe, maybe not. As he was saying, let's wait a couple more races to see where we really are...
Last edited by darwin dali on 21 Mar 07, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Provided the F2007 doesn't get ruled illegal and as long as there are no major reliability issues (engine changes are not so bad, DNF's are very bad) then Kimi should have the WDC in the bag. Massa is already on the back foot and will take points off Alonso, which will only help Kimi.

If anybody deserves to win a WDC in a fast, reliable car, it's Kimi Raikkonen.
By madbrad
yeah I didn't know about that flexifloor until after I made my post. Maybe the car will be DQed. Probably not though. Most years, the winner of the first race wins the title. I mean that only in a statistical way, not any actual connection.
By welshie
yeah I didn't know about that flexifloor until after I made my post

Flexifloor? would someone care to explain??

See our F1 related articles too!