47%
Yes, banned for one race
26%
Yes, 10 place penalty at next race
5%
Yes, take away his super licence
21%
By Red Five
Well, I think it was more dangerous than the move that finally got Yuji Ide's licence revoked last season, and DC is no rookie so should know better, but he is in general a safe driver so I think a one race ban would be sufficient, just to make a point that driving like that will not be tolerated.

In addition, Red Bull Racing should not be allowed to run a driver in his place, in the same way that a Football team manager takes the blame for his players, so should the Race team take at least some responsibility for it's driver's actions.
By madbrad
It's not like he planned to jump on top of it. How many times do we see someone attempt an impossible pass and have it end in tears? nobody ever gets punished for it. It's a racing incident. If the stewards deem the level of recklessness high enough they have been known to issue a ban, suspended for say about 4 races. He might be eligible for that.
By Irv the Swerve
You can't get more dangerous and wreckless than that. Tell me when was the last time someone didn't get punished for a crazy move like that. And I agree with what Red Five said about Yuji Ide getting his licence revoked, YI was a rookie and DC has been in the sport for over a decade. You are expected to make a whole load of mistakes when you are a rookie, that move was.
By darwin dali
All I'm saying is: Go DC, gooooo!
By Jens
It's too hard to fairly judge. hence, racing incident.
By Red Five
I don't see intention as being relevent in deciding if he should be punished, the fact is DC came in too hot and driver's have been punished for a lot less in the past.

Intention does play a part in deciding the punishment, which is why I went for a one race ban, anymore would be ludicrous given DC's record in the past.
By 7UpJordan
I don't wanna sound too lenient but it's gotta be a 1 race ban at the very least.
By welshie
I think DC should be shot, but bullets would only deflect off his chin, soooo racing incident :P
By Marco
But had he not been unfortunate to have launched over the top of Wurz's car, and say had just push him off, would we feel the same way?
By Red Five
Personally, yes. F1 is supposed to be a non-contact sport, so contact through such a blatant mistake should always be punished. If they'd have been alongside each other and DC got a bit of understeer and just nudged him that would have been a racing incident with no need for blame or punishment.

What DC did was dangerous, so it shouldn't matter whether he nearly decapitated Wurz or not, it was a reckless manoeuvre that he should be punished for.
By Marco
DC does seem to have these episodes doesnt he? I think he'll be out of F1 this season if he doesnt perform better.
By deMuRe
I got the gut feeling Bobby Rahal was brought on to lure Adrian Newey to Jaguar, as they were good friends outside of F1... I wouldn't be surprised if DC was kept on to do the same thing...

He's also bringing with him knowledge of how one of the best F1 teams operate, I personally think this is why former drivers of big teams get the gigs in the smaller teams, to somehow transfer a bit of knowledge as well...

On the official press release DC was very sheepish and did wholly lay the blame on his own doorstep. Plus he apologised. s*** happens, DC would know for sure he's got to watch his step this year as he's getting on now and has to give Christian Horner a reason not to replace him with someone young and quick...
By madbrad
What happened to that fearless belly fire he got after his plane crash. Even before that he was one of the few drivewrs that wouldn't take any s*** from Schumi. In the era of the Shumi start sideways lunges, DC told the press he'd just let him hit him. The famous Spa 98 incident is one of my favourite F1 moments. Schumi drives right into the back of DC because he can't see, then marches over to the McLaren garage to engage him, and there's DC saying"C'mon lets' go, give me an excuse." I wanted to see DC pound him into the ground. I know he could. After the 06 Schumi Monaco stall, DC and JV were the most vocal. It's always pleasing to see guys stick up for things.

See our F1 related articles too!