FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By madbrad
Honda once had the best engine in F1, and won some titles with it. I guess they wanna see if they can do it again. The irony is they were planning to have their own team but at the last minute decided to be a works engine supplier instead. Eventually they became a whole team, and they suck.
By Jens
Yeah, I'm really ticked off. I spend half my time sticking up for JB and Honda, and then Honda turn around and they really suck. 100%. Sometimes I wish I'd switched to FA.

Then I remember he's the reason Jens landed at BAR in the first place and go back to resenting him.
By 7UpJordan
That's the main weaknesses of the manufacturer teams apart from Ferrari, they can build a good engine, but they can't make a good chassis, that's why BMW are doing well since they bought out Sauber, and why Williams were faster than the Toyota works team and why Super Aguri's modified 2006 chassis is doing miles better than the Honda works team. An encouraging sign for all the privateer teams.
By darwin dali
That's also why Ferrari are special: they have always produced engine and chassis themselves.
By deMuRe
That's also why Ferrari are special: they have always produced engine and chassis themselves.

And they don't have the financial clout of some of these Car Making Juggernaut's...
By darwin dali
Well, FIAT is pretty big...
By deMuRe
Oh yeah, forgot about that, :wink: .
By sonic
JB still has 4 years to run on his contract at Honda. Frankly no one else would sign him anyway, his contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. He should have gone to Williams when he was contracted to. Not because they did any better than Honda, but because he would have retained some credibility with the other teams. However, JB's contracts are well suited to Honda who also jumped ship from Williams to go to McLaren mid way through a contract. There are still principals in F1 and if a contract cannot be trusted, then most team owners would not sign a driver who they do not trust.
By bud
yeah how can you forget FIAT, just think of the FIAt Ferrari. :P

Fiat have owned or partially owned Ferrari for a long time now so to suggest they do it all on their little lonesome against the big guys is BS. Williams etc theyre the real teams!

See our F1 related articles too!