FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
Just how bad has F1 got for this? You have 'Flav the Chav' tearing into Kovalainen in public, Ron bitching about BMW, and various other drivers sniping at each other following the Aus GP. Where did all this angst come from? :roll:
By deMuRe
They are all pissed off that Ferrari is still in front, even after Schumi has left... I think they need to wait a season, this years car is still the product of Ross Brawn and co...
By Red Five
Yeah, sour grapes I reckon.

Ron is pissed off that (his former driver) Raikkonen left his cars as if they were stood still - let's face it Heidfeld didn't really get in their way did he? - and made it look like it was the McLaren team holding Kimi back these last few years.

Flav is pissed off that (his former driver) Alonso left his cars for dead making it look like it was Alonso that made the Renault quick.
By Marco
So if you were Flav who would you drop?

Fisichella is weak in my opinion.
Kovalainen is a talent, although finding it hard to perform in F1.

Without being funny, the Renault just didn't perform. Flav can't just blame the drivers. :roll:
By deMuRe
Good points both Red Five and Marco, I was thinking that during the race, that Kimi owning the way he did in the Ferrari did make it look like the McLaren was the problem and not Kimi...

Fisi has never been an X Factor driver, but who do you replace him with? If Lewis Hamilton keeps going the way he does he could get snapped up by another team, but remember how well Button did in his first year at Williams? It takes more then 1 season to prove yourself...
By darwin dali
Replace GF and HK with JV and SV 8)
JV is experienced and can do development, SV is hungry and fast.
By Irv the Swerve
JV used to drive for Renault in 04 even though the team wasn't great, he raced 3 times for them and failed to score a single point, unable to finish any of his races on the lead lap. Now Renault have become faster so maybe.

Tiago Monteiro, anyone? :)
By Selcouth_Feline
I think Briatore should have been more supportive of Kovalianen, at least in public.

And Dennis's comment was just dumb (although maybe I'm reading it out of context?). So BMW's strategy 'disrupted' yours? Well, diddums. :roll: I'm sure Ferrari's strategy also disrputed you too...but you can't find a proper reason to blame them. And if his car and strategy were that good, BMW's 'showboating' wouldn't have been a problem.
By darwin dali
RD was just being himself, the perpetual hot-headed, small-brained arsehole - I'm not surprised in the least.
Flab was also himself: saying what is on his mind without regard of the consequences in terms of offending others, which makes him a social idiot - but I still like him :) And basically he's right in what he's saying, especially when you compare HK's performance with LH's flawless debut.
By Jens
Maybe Button will change to Renault.

It's a fair idea. It's what my plan would be if I was Flavio: Get Jenson.
By 7UpJordan
Flavio will turn to Piquet jr. if he sacks either Fizzy or Heikki.
By welshie
To be fair tho if i was JB I'd stay at Honda, although i hope i'm still saying that at the end of the season!! :?
By darwin dali
Why should he stay? They suck worse than Renault at the moment, they haven't proven anything yet (Renault won 2 championships), and the future? Does it look better? :roll:
By Jens
To be fair tho if i was JB I'd stay at Honda, although i hope i'm still saying that at the end of the season!! :?
Rubens is in his twilight and I think he should leave. Honda just can't cut it.

See our F1 related articles too!