FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
The big surprise for me was the pace of Super Aguri, particularly in qualifying. I was also surprised Hamilton finished the race. Clearly there was no doubt over Hamiltons speed, but some of the things he has said during interviews led me to think he would do something reckless (As did DC on Rosberg) during the race.

Biggest dissappointment is tougher, there were a few.not least Honda, Red Bull and probably the biggest disappointment of all was Kovalainen. I doubt the Renault is as far off the pace as it appears, Fisichella was about as competitive as usual but having seen waht Kovalainen is capable of, I expected him to be up at the sharp end in both qualifying and the race. But there is a long way to go yet for things to turn around.
By 7UpJordan
My biggest surprise was the way Hamilton conducted himself throughout the entire race especially on his debut. :D

Biggest dissapointment was Kovalainen, he was very untidy, scrappy, and was criticised by Flavio Briatore http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 463649.stm. I know it's only one race, but if he doesn't shape up, Flavio could very well turn to Piquet.
By Irv the Swerve
Biggest suprise was Button actually finishing the race. :P

Biggest dissapointment was, you guess it, ITV's commentary. MB and JA were arguing over Albers crash and where was it on track. You could see clearly that it was turn 3, no not for MB or JA. ''I'm pretty sure it's at turn 6''(MB). ''I don't think it is, its at tricky turn 14''. 5 minutes later ''Oh the computer is telling us it's at turn 3, never mind.'' Christ Almighty!! :x

They also argued of the pronouncement of Robert Kubica name, just f***ing stop. Full Stop.
By Jens
I was disappointed that Massa only finished 6th, giving McLaren the lead in the constructors
By darwin dali
Biggest suprise was Button actually finishing the race. :P

Biggest dissapointment was, you guess it, ITV's commentary. MB and JA were arguing over Albers crash and where was it on track. You could see clearly that it was turn 3, no not for MB or JA. ''I'm pretty sure it's at turn 6''(MB). ''I don't think it is, its at tricky turn 14''. 5 minutes later ''Oh the computer is telling us it's at turn 3, never mind.'' Christ Almighty!! :x

They also argued of the pronouncement of Robert Kubica name, just f***ing stop. Full Stop.

I feel sorry for you guys...
By darwin dali
LH was the biggest positive surprise for me. Other than that, everything more or less according to expectations. Even with FM's 6th place I can't be too disappointed considering he started from the back of the grid with a full tank on soft tires. It would have been nice if he had passed GF though.
By madbrad
I was surprised that Albers drove that many laps before spinning off.
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Kubica's retirement was disappointing. Williams were surprisingly good.
By deMuRe
Murray Walker commentating on channel 10, that was a surprise... Ferrari's gap to the rest of the field, that was disappointing, I want close racing although it's early days and Australia has traditionally been a Ferrari/Bridgestone track...
By Red Five
Surprised that Honda didn't tell Button to get out of Barrichello's way - they really need to sort themselves out that team.

Dissapointed by a power cut five minutes from the end of ITV's live coverage destroying my DVD recording of it, so having to record the heavily cut 'rerun' for my collection :(
By Jens
Surprised that Honda didn't tell Button to get out of Barrichello's way - they really need to sort themselves out that team.

Dissapointed by a power cut five minutes from the end of ITV's live coverage destroying my DVD recording of it, so having to record the heavily cut 'rerun' for my collection :(

Well, you say that, but telling Jenson to let him by is illegal. All they could say was "don't fight too hard". Which he didn't.
By sonic
Dissapointed by a power cut five minutes from the end of ITV's live coverage destroying my DVD recording of it, so having to record the heavily cut 'rerun' for my collection :([/quote]

I have recorded it if you would like a copy email me. mark.j.rogers at btinternet.com

See our F1 related articles too!