FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Excellent race, I guess if Kimi wins this year's championship, he will retire. Good start for the McLarens. Todays race is very interesting. It shows that a good driver with less than a perfect car can make a difference. That's what Alonso and to certain degree Hamilton proved.
By Jens
I don't care what Jenson and Nick Fry's PR men are telling them to say, there is something fundamentally wrong with the RA107.

Good job by Kimi, glad to see him beating McLaren
By madbrad
Great to see Kimi in a decent car finally. I feel so liberated now that I am allowed to cheer on a Ferrari!
By 7UpJordan
Kimi was also the first Ferrari driver to win on his debut since Nigel Mansell in 1989, and we all remember Murray Walker talking more about a man running across the track as Mansell crossed the line. "Watch for the chequered flag... what a fool running across the course!!! A raving lunatic! But Nigel Mansell has won." :D
By madbrad
Mansell won the first and the last 3.5 litre race, and that was one of the 2. Kimi was the first since Fangio in 53 to get pole in a Ferrari debut. Did he set fastest lap? Because that's a triple play, and I don't know the record of that in a Ferrari debut or for any other team for that matter. Hamilton was the first person since JV to get a podium in an F1 debut. I didn't realize it was such rare feat.
By Jens
Yeah, Raikkonen got the fastest lap.
By darwin dali
Great to see Kimi in a decent car finally. I feel so liberated now that I am allowed to cheer on a Ferrari!

What are you saying? Do you need permission to root for a team? :P
So, now that you're out of the closet as a Ferrari fan, what other revelations can we expect from you, eh? Are you also a cross-dresser like Stephen and I and want to join the club, eh? 8):D
By madbrad
I mean now that Herr Butthead is not in a Ferrari, I can resume being a Ferrari fan. Berger and Alesi were my heros!

I am sure you will learn more surprising/disturbing things about me!
By darwin dali
Disturbing, yeah, I like that :twisted:
Give it to me baby! :mrgreen::oops:8)
By Dazza
Yes, well done to the top three, especially Kimi :D
I'm also sparing a thought for Massa though.
I can't wait till Malaysia, if Ferrari do well there I really fancy their chances for the rest of the season. The ITV commentators mentioned a potential cooling problem on the Ferraris, any views on this? Obviously Malaysia is tough on engines, but since revs have been limited will temperature be much of an issue?
By gorilla
Congrats to Kimi for a outstanding race.Well done to ALonso and Hamilton for their battle for 2nd/3rd. This looks like its going to be one great season.
Excellent race, I guess if Kimi wins this year's championship, he will retire.
What on earth makes you say that? The guy's 25, he's earning $51 million per year and has been given a car which will easily win him the WDC, especially as his team mate is a misreable little rat.
By darwin dali
You gonna eat crow when FM runs circles around KR w/o the car breaking down.
By Forza
You gonna eat crow when FM runs circles around KR w/o the car breaking down.

Never gonna happen. Massa looked crushed when Raikkonen trounced him in qually.

BTW KR is 27, not 25. :P

See our F1 related articles too!