FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Red Five
Just looking at a website of Martin Brundle quotes, and I noticed that he hasn't been at the Hungarian GP since 2003. Does anyone know if there's a specific reason for this, or is it just a strange coincidence?
By Irv the Swerve
I think that's when he gets his holidays from F1 with ITV, imagine being around JA all the time. I suppose one race doesn't make a difference.
By Stephen
And Hungary is usually dull! Hang on, wasn't Le Mans weekend was it? I'm sure Brundles been dragged off for that before?
By deMuRe
I remember once he wasn't allowed up the sharp end of the grid for a few races after he confronted Bernie on the grid with camera's about MichelinGate at the US GP...
By 7UpJordan
And Hungary is usually dull!
Except for 2006, eh?

There's actually been quite a few good Hungarian GP's such as 1989 when Mansell came from 12th on the grid and won passing Senna when both of them came up to lap Stefan Johansson's Onyx, 1990 when Boutsen led from the start and cooly held of Nannini and Senna, 1992 when Mansell became the Champion after pitting with a puncture and quickly passing Hakkinen, Brundle and Berger to finish 2nd and take the title, 1997 when Hill came so close to giving Arrows their first win, and last year's. :)

See our F1 related articles too!