FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Amateurs! :roll:
By Dazza
Yes, the Ferraris do seem fragile as madbrad said. Actually, they were fragile during the last two GPs of '06, a broken engine in Japan and then another mechanical problem in Brazil. So I can't say i'm surprised. On the other hand, it remains to be seen just how reliable the Maclarens are.
BMW look good in qualifying, but will they win races?
By darwin dali
They will.
By Dazza
btw, nobody's mentioned the Renaults, shouldn't they be higher up the grid? I know Fisi is no Alonso, but still, a championship wining car for two years in a row. And the Macs have also had to switch tyres, so i don't really see that as a valid excuse.
By darwin dali
Renault, Schmenault - the air is out, currently on an iron lung, they're taking a breather this year.
By Jens
Um, I'd like to point out Sato was in a top 2 team and went largely nowhere, excluding some points and a podium. It's just a simple fact of the Aguri being a damn quick car.

I wanna see Raikkonen win this. The Ferrari is effortlessly quick, the McLaren seems to need it's drivers to push to the very limit.

I've got an idea for a racing suit sponsor for Honda. Jenson and Rubens could buy the space and put on it "This driver for sale to team who know something about building racing cars"
By Dazza

I wanna see Raikkonen win this. The Ferrari is effortlessly quick, the McLaren seems to need it's drivers to push to the very limit.

I'd also like to see Kimi win this year. But it's the reliable cars that win titles, not fast unreliable ones. If Alonso has a slower but more reliable machine, he'll win again.
By darwin dali
Plus KR is a car wrecker, so that doesn't bode well either...
By madbrad
Oh, I was addressing the TiVo comment to Stephen...

I know.

Steve Matchett made a comment about the same thing happening to him. He mentioned it in one of his books. I kind of have a vague memory of it myself. It is usually the fault of the lollipop man, who lets the car go prematurely. Premature release happens more frequently than we know. The offender bears innuendoue "prematureness" jokes for weeks afterward. Steve was rear jack man for parts of 94 and 95 I think. Not Shumacher's race team, but the other, whomever is driving it, be it Jos, JJ, Jonny Herbert, etc. He was rear jack man when Verstappen exploded into a fireball and escaped by the skin on his teeth. Some mechanic from the team behind them in pit row pulled him out of the fire.
By gorilla
did try and stay up but passed out on the couch about 130 watching the RND thingy
By Red Five
Not surprised you fell asleep watching that!
By deMuRe
Well I'm watching the F3 race at the moment, it's 10am. Channel 10 have 9am to 4pm coverage for all 3 days. It was great, I had a whole day of launch video's, driver/team interviews and special documentaries...

To top it all off, Murray Walker is commentating for Channel 10, I was actually at a BBQ yesterday with a portable television ignoring most things around me, I was grinning like a fool after hearing Murray's voice again during quali, screwing things up and getting excited over nothing...

Very happy about Webber being in the top 10... Hope he gets some points tomorrow...
By gorilla
Well I'm watching the F3 race at the moment, it's 10am. Channel 10 have 9am to 4pm coverage for all 3 days. It was great, I had a whole day of launch video's, driver/team interviews and special documentaries...

To top it all off, Murray Walker is commentating for Channel 10, I was actually at a BBQ yesterday with a portable television ignoring most things around me, I was grinning like a fool after hearing Murray's voice again during quali, screwing things up and getting excited over nothing...

Very happy about Webber being in the top 10... Hope he gets some points tomorrow...

You lucky lucky Ausie. You have Murray Walker thats not fair. I am now starting to hate ITV's F1 coverage and its not started yet

See our F1 related articles too!