FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Red Five
So am I the only one that stayed up to watch it then?!

Expected someone else on here at least, nevermind!
By Stephen
Grrr...I somehow failed to get out of bed, I had woken up, even sat up in bed, but fell asleep again. I can't tell you how annoyed I am at myself right now. :roll::cry:
By Freddie
I watched it but headed directly back to bed afterwards ;-)
By welshie
I tried to stay awake, but must have fallen asleep about 10mins b4 it started, gutted!
By Red Five
Stephen and welshie2020, gutted for you!

I've decided that if I try to sleep before any middle of the night coverage I'll never make it to the end and will always fall asleep, so now I stay up with the Xbox or laptop on, that keeps me awake!
By madbrad
I watched it. It wasn't on too late here, 11:30 PM, right after the Craftsman Truck event.
By darwin dali
Wussies! 8):roll:8):P
By Red Five
madbrad, We don't get the Craftsman trucks in the UK, how is Stacy Compton doing? We only get the Busch series about three days after the race, so we hear the result when watching the Nextel Cup races live - bloody NASN!

darwin_dali, I agree! I went to bed after starting this thread at 4:30am
By madbrad
I have no idea. I don't watch any kind of Nascar.

I noticed the Ferraris are particularly fragile this season. Go over a bump and lose your shifting ability. So it's looking good for Alonso after all. Sato is mismatched. He deserves to be in a top 3 team. The Speed guys made a couple of jokes about Honda:
They spent 300 million dollars to make their car slower than last years.
They gave that last year's car to Aguri, so they're screwed. they should've given them the new car and kept the old one.
They gave Aguri the wrong engine.
They are sticking with their environmental concerns by avoiding Q 2 and Q 3 thereby saving fuel.
/end speed jokes.

Next year when customer cars are allowed, I don't think Aguri's gonna want Honda's car. Honda's only hope is to fold up shop, buy Super Aguri and rename it Honda!
By darwin dali
You forgot the following joke:
Honda spent 300 million bucks to make last year's car 1.5 seconds slower - they could have spent $25 for 10 pounds of lead with the same result.
By Stephen
For the Brits here, it's repeated today 3.30pm on ITV. So just under an hour to go.

Usually I wouldn't want to know the result, but writing for this site I don't have a choice! :(
By darwin dali
Ever heard of a gizmo called TiVo? :wink:
By madbrad
I just omitted the ballast part of the joke. Didn't think it was too funny. Was kind of milking it.
I have a PVR so I could record it anyway. It's gonna come in handy for those middle of the night sessions, but I cannot watch a race recorded. It must be live!
By darwin dali
Oh, I was addressing the TiVo comment to Stephen...
By Irv the Swerve
If people are falling a sleep before Q, what are they going to do about the race? :)

The BMW's look hooked up and did anyone see Toyota making a fool out of themselves by leaving the jack on JT car? :lol:

See our F1 related articles too!