FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Jenson, what is your impression of the public response to Honda’s environmental message?
JB: I think it has been pretty good, as it should be. I think it is a fantastic idea and I fully back it.

(Mike Doodson) In that light, have any of you guys made any changes to your personal lives, as Jenson has done by getting himself a very expensive Honda hybrid car to travel from his yacht to his jet?
JB: If you actually checked, I haven’t actually got a yacht or a jet... Very funny!

HK: My car is a Renault and it is environmentally sound.

LH: In terms of car, I haven’t changed my car but I think it is fuel-efficient. I am quite concerned about the environment and we all need to notice this and take action. Whatever that is, I am not really sure, but once we know we all need to put our hands together.

JB: I think it perfectly puts forward the reason behind it – awareness. As you can see, I don’t think a lot of people are aware of the big issues. I think it is a great idea. We get through to hundreds of millions of people and I wasn’t aware of the issues six months ago and now I am and I have changed my life in little ways. It might not be big ways, but it makes a difference, if we are capable of making these changes, which I think we are.

MW: Yeah…

Changed your life?
MW: Less baked beans… (laughter). … You know it is important. It is the way the world is going. We all know that. I think the big countries – China, India, the places with the really massive populations and the big cities where there is a mass of population…. Not just a few cars here and there… It is how they run these places that is a pretty big deal as well. I like the outdoors. I like being out there and hopefully in 100 or 200 years guys like myself who like going outside can still do it.

Kimi, any changes in your life?
KR: No.
By madbrad
Graduate of the Mika Hakkinen school of oration.
By darwin dali
Seems like he's the valedictorian! :roll:
By Jens
I'll tell you what else Jenson doesn't have.

A decent F1 car.

See our F1 related articles too!