FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Red Five
I'm thinking of switching to Setanta Sports they just have two ad breaks per race, but I hate the commentary.

We get Setanta Ireland in the UK, well, up until the F1 comes on when it switches to a blue screen saying "This programme cannot be shown", however if you phone up Sky and tell them that you're moving to Ireland and give them a postcode that's in the Republic, they rejig the channels on your box - it's tempting!
By Irv the Swerve
If you hate ITV that much go for it!!

Do you want a postcode?? :wink:
By Red Five
What's RTE and the other Irish channels like?!

To be honest, I do like Martin Brundle, he makes ITV's coverage what it is for me, even when we had F1 Digital+ on pay per view with no ads, I missed him - didn't help that they used John Watson, he's not a good commentator!
By Irv the Swerve
RTÉ used to do coverage but Setanta got the package. It has the same commentary as before but Setanta have a larger base worldwide e.g Australia, UK, USA and here. ITV is still better but it's the fecking ad breaks. :x
By Stephen

To be honest, I do like Martin Brundle, he makes ITV's coverage what it is for me, even when we had F1 Digital+ on pay per view with no ads, I missed him - didn't help that they used John Watson, he's not a good commentator!

Agreed, if ITV did away with their ads and James Allen, we'd be laughing!
By madbrad
John Watson sounds like he's delivering the news. James Allen I like a little. MB I do like a lot. You know who I hate listening to? Derek Daly(sp?).
By darwin dali
Agreed madbrad, I can't stand him either. He's doing those few races not covered by SPEED and it is painful to listen to him and the other igits. :x:evil:
By madbrad
or Darrel Waltrip!

Everbody can call me Brad, not Madbrad, unless there's another Brad that causes confusion.
By darwin dali
I withold judgment for now whether or not the 'mad' part should precede your name - I still need more data on that :D
By gorilla
Right going through this topic and well I hat when ITV cut for breaks, what the fook is the point? Bring it back to the beeb. Ads are boreing. What are ITV plans for using their interactive service this season though?
By madbrad
I withold judgment for now whether or not the 'mad' part should precede your name - I still need more data on that :D

Ladies are always reserving judgement. I can respect that. I'll be sure to provide truckloads of data. I'm sure they'll confirm your suspicions.
By deMuRe

Yep, even with F1 Digital+ I switched back for Martin's grid walk...
By 7UpJordan
Derek Daly(sp?).

What a great irish driver!! :P

The man who came close to winning the 1982 Monaco GP when Pironi, Prost and De Cesaris could have won it too with all that last lap chaos, Daly was at the Rascasse with his rear wing and one of his front wings missing when his car stopped! :D
By Selcouth_Feline
I switched back for Martin's grid walk...

Lol, that was interesting today! Couldn't speak when faced with Kylie Minogue and then got told to go and speak to "the prime minister" by Ecclestone who then promptly abandoned him and Martin had no idea who he was meant to be talking to :):):) Err....anyone know who that guy actually was???

I confess that I watched the repeat and not the live race - how many sets of ads did ITV want to show?????

See our F1 related articles too!