FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
So given that the dust is now starting to settle and it's clear Dave Richards has won the prize, it's worth speculating about what this all might now mean. Prodrive are already on Bernie's list for the 2008 season but why spend money promoting Prodrive when, for the same $$$ spend, DR can now promote Aston Martin :?:

No brainer: Aston Martin will be the Prodrive public badge when they go racing in 2008.

J
http://asiliconvalleylife.blogspot.com/
By brightonjel
Plan of record so far is for Prodrive to use a "customer" chassis - perhaps McLaren - but, as a friend of mine poined out, they'd need to have some more direct Aston involvement to realistically carry a badge that doesn't cause a conflict. More involvement means, in effect, "more money".

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/01/ ... omer_cars/
As always, F1 politics will play a huge role in all of this. Long and short of it though is that this looks to me - and to others of course - to be too good a chance to pass up. Can't wait!
By bud
tis all a name if there will be an "aston martin" F1 team especially if they are still going to use customer chassis.

I mean just because its called an Aston martin doesnt mean it is one, Ie Jaguar F1 team!
By darwin dali
Richards:
"People have put two and two together and got six," he told reporters at a news conference. "This is something personal to me and has nothing to do with Prodrive."

"Our plan was always to go into Formula One in partnership with an existing team, and the plan is still to do that."
By deMuRe
I think Aston Martin would be a far better option then Pro-Drive... Who gives a damn about Pro-Drive? Nobody...

An Aston Martin winning in F1, that would hold a lot more appeal... :wink:
By darwin dali
Yeah, Ms. Moneypenny would be smitten :)
By deMuRe
DC could turn up to Monaco as Bond instead...
By R00DIT
I think Aston Martin would be a far better option then Pro-Drive... Who gives a damn about Pro-Drive? Nobody...

An Aston Martin winning in F1, that would hold a lot more appeal... :wink:

actually pro-drive have been exceptionally successful in rallying, although AM does have a racing pedigree.
By darwin dali
Cubehead Bond, now that's novel! :D
By madbrad
Allen. James Allen. Licence to speculate.

moneypenny would be a grid girl then! Or at least a pit babe.
By darwin dali
How 'bout Slavica as Moneypenny - has to be a bit an older semester, ya know...

See our F1 related articles too!