FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Honda have got one of the best powerplants on the grid - they won countless championships... unfortunately they haven't managed the transition from BAR to Honda and I have a feeling they will need a while before that happens. If they can sort out the handling problems (aero? chassis?) then they have a crack at the podium. I have a feeling that the RA107's chassis is not right for the Brigies. Unless they build a new one, they are going to remain in the mid-field for the rest of the season.

Bad for Button, worse for Barichello, IMO. Imagine how he feels watching those Ferrari's dominate while he struggles with a car which does not like its shoes!
By madbrad
That could have eventually happened with Ford, but they gave up because it was taking too long.
By welshie
Well, did he do that? NO! End of discussion.

HA HA HA HA. Spit your dummy out why dont ya!
By overtaku
Schumacher retired after hitting Heidfeld (not Fisi) as he was cutting the chicane to overtake, if he'd have played fair he wouldn't have been forced to retire, so that's not 'lucky' for Jenson, that's bad driving by Schumacher.

Raikkonen crashed out by twatting the rear of a backmarker (Luizzi), that's not 'lucky' for Jenson, that's bad driving by Raikkonen (although Kimi and Luizzi said that they had misread each others intentions so it was a racing incident).

Alonso had 'Driveshaft failure' that's not 'lucky' for Jenson that's a faulty part from Renault.

Jenson was the fastest, most consistent, smoothest and (dare I say it) the best Driver that day.

Look all i'm saying is he could just as easily have not won the race. Never mind the details, it was extremely fortunate that those retirements happened during that particular race - driver error or car failure aside its still bloody lucky. Of course he was the best driver on the day as he made no mistakes and drove perfectly throughout. I'd love it for him to do it again.

On another note Rubens has actually faired a bit better than JB in the current car. The TC is much more to his liking and he's said that he's glad to be back on bridgestones.

See our F1 related articles too!