FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Jens
You make a fair point Sonic. Toyota's cars look the same every year.
By overtaku
It was a fully deserved win too, it was the only race day Honda and Jenson have actually got everything right. I'll admit I have a strange kind of affection for the Honda team and I don't know why - maybe because of Jenson being British, maybe I just like born losers! I'd love to see them do well, but they just seem to blow it every single year.

Jenson qualified 14th so they obviously didn't get everything right. Plus they were quite lucky with retirements etc.
Having said that did JB not outscore everyone during the last quarter of last season? If Honda had a better mid season then JB could be champion...
Better pull it together pretty soon if they're gonna get anything good from this season.
By 7UpJordan
You make a fair point Sonic. Toyota's cars look the same every year.

The only thing that changes in Toyota are the cars' numbers and the drivers. Williams will easily outdo them this season, we've already seen Rosberg's brilliant pass on Ralf at Melbourne.
By Red Five
It was a fully deserved win too, it was the only race day Honda and Jenson have actually got everything right. I'll admit I have a strange kind of affection for the Honda team and I don't know why - maybe because of Jenson being British, maybe I just like born losers! I'd love to see them do well, but they just seem to blow it every single year.

Jenson qualified 14th so they obviously didn't get everything right. Plus they were quite lucky with retirements etc.
Having said that did JB not outscore everyone during the last quarter of last season? If Honda had a better mid season then JB could be champion...
Better pull it together pretty soon if they're gonna get anything good from this season.

Yes, he qualified 14th, which is why I said the only race day he and Honda have got right. Jenson didn't get 'lucky' with retirements, they happen in almost every race - to finish first, first you must finish - and he was catching Alonso before the Spaniard retired.

BAR/Honda's downturn in results seems to coincide with David Richards leaving the Team, did Honda shoot themselves in the foot, or did everybody else just get better?!
By Jens
I would hardly foot the blame at that door entirely. I would more blame their failure to capitalise on their resources effectively.
By deMuRe
I would hardly foot the blame at that door entirely. I would more blame their failure to capitalise on their resources effectively.

Is this Ron Dennis? :wink:
By Jens
At least I use real words.
By deMuRe
At least I use real words.
:lol:
By overtaku

Yes, he qualified 14th, which is why I said the only race day he and Honda have got right. Jenson didn't get 'lucky' with retirements, they happen in almost every race - to finish first, first you must finish - and he was catching Alonso before the Spaniard retired.

BAR/Honda's downturn in results seems to coincide with David Richards leaving the Team, did Honda shoot themselves in the foot, or did everybody else just get better?!

OK so they got the race day spot on with strategy but you cant say it wasn't lucky. Sure theres retirements every race but how often do they include most of the top drivers - Schumacher could have done a lot better if he hadn't hit Fisi - he had the fastest lap, Kimi crashed out and so did Alonso. Button done a cracking job but he did get lucky. He might have been catching Alonso but would he have passed him? Maybe not
By Jens
Jenson was the quickest on the day. Get over it.
By Red Five
Schumacher retired after hitting Heidfeld (not Fisi) as he was cutting the chicane to overtake, if he'd have played fair he wouldn't have been forced to retire, so that's not 'lucky' for Jenson, that's bad driving by Schumacher.

Raikkonen crashed out by twatting the rear of a backmarker (Luizzi), that's not 'lucky' for Jenson, that's bad driving by Raikkonen (although Kimi and Luizzi said that they had misread each others intentions so it was a racing incident).

Alonso had 'Driveshaft failure' that's not 'lucky' for Jenson that's a faulty part from Renault.

Jenson was the fastest, most consistent, smoothest and (dare I say it) the best Driver that day.
By welshie
Yes he was the best driver of the day. There is no doubt that fortune was smiling on him that day, but that's racing. And there have been plenty of other times when JB has had terrible fortune. Things tend to even themselves out over time.
By darwin dali
Whatever! One victory does not make a good driver or champion. :roll:
By welshie
Although if you came 2nd in every race in the season you'd stand a bloody good chance of being champion. :lol:
By darwin dali
Well, did he do that? NO! End of discussion.

See our F1 related articles too!