FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Going green to reflect Honda's ‘commitment to raising environmental awareness’ - sounds good, except:

Sponsors will still appear on the drivers' overalls and in the garages, but it is already being suggested that the no-logo approach is a measure of Honda's failure to attract a decent replacement for departed title sponsor Lucky Strike.
By certom
have you seen the new livery? i like the idea of no sponsors, but they could make a better livery..colours are great, but the overall view sucks!!
By sonic
I bet sponsor logos appear before he first race and lots more by the last race.
By deMuRe
I bet sponsor logos appear before he first race and lots more by the last race.

Yeah maybe the whole painting the car with an Earth theme was a cheap way to advertise they need a major sponsor... :lol:
By madbrad
Maybe Earth paid big bucks for the space.
By Jens
RayBan seem to have upped their stake in racing suit space.

They're Honda Racing Red & White you see. That's why Honda couldn't get a new Title Sponsor. Lucky Strike? Red and White. They need another Red and White sponsor with big bucks.

Hey, Honda? coughspluttercocalcolacoughsplutter
By 7UpJordan
If Honda do rubbish this year I can see Button leaving and if things go well for Williams, I can see old Frank having another go in bringing our Jenson back to the team who gave him his debut and should never have let him go just to bring Montoya in. :D
By Jens
Yeah, if Honda have another bad season, Jenson has to leave. Williams is always an option, assuming they're doing okay. There'll also potentially be spot at another of Jenson's old teams, Renault.
By madbrad
I don't hold much hope for any non factory teams anymore. If they can't get a works deal they have little chance of amounting to much, and there aren't too many manufacturers left who don't have teams of their own.
By Red Five
Honda losing it? Sorry, did they ever have it?! :D
By Stephen
Honda losing it? Sorry, did they ever have it?! :D

Harsh but fair. Jenson did win last season though, and that won't be happening this year given their performance in Australia so far. Did Honda give the wrong engine to Super Aguri?
By Red Five
It was a fully deserved win too, it was the only race day Honda and Jenson have actually got everything right. I'll admit I have a strange kind of affection for the Honda team and I don't know why - maybe because of Jenson being British, maybe I just like born losers! I'd love to see them do well, but they just seem to blow it every single year.
By darwin dali
maybe I just like born losers! I'd love to see them do well, but they just seem to blow it every single year.

Courage my friend, courage. Be brave :twisted::mrgreen::mrgreen:
By Jens
If Honda don't stop wasting the valuable time of Jenson and Rubens I sure as heck won't like them any more.
By sonic
Honda can certainly build an engine capable of winning championships and have done. They certainly seem to be trying harder than Toyota, although their efforts do not consistently pay dividends. I expect to see Honda beating Toyota in a few months. Toyota just seem stagnent.

See our F1 related articles too!