FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Hm, Ferrari are looking pretty okay so far in Bahrain...
By overtaku
Kovalainen I rate very highly. He has a good car and immense talent. Will he take the pressure of leading his first F1 race or will he stick it in the gravel. It's a long race and there will be plenty of opportunity to blow it. I rate him for pole, but to likely to make a mistake to take the win.

DC has a Newey chassis again which will suit his driving style and a world championship winning engine. He has to be in with a good chance.

Ferrari and McLaren have too many personell changes between them, I doubt they will be competitive throughout the race, hence my choice of Kovalainen for pole and DC for the win.

I'm not too sure the Renault is all that good and although I don't know too much about Kovaleinen i'd say that being as its his first race he surely won't stick it on pole. Good luck to him though.
DC's had plenty of Newey designed cars in the past and failed to deliver so why is this one going to be any different?
With regards to changes in personnell...every team bar Honda have had pretty major changes whether it be drivers or technical staff.

And DD you should know not to read too much into pre-season testing....you never know what the teams will be running...some will put min fuel to set 1 blinding lap throughout the day whereas others will deliberately run a bit slower to throw their opponents off.

My predictions would be JB for pole/Massa for win. Based on....absolutely nothing whatsoever. Can't wait to find out though.
By darwin dali
all I'm saying is they're looking okay, long stints w/o a puff of smoke stopping them, fast lap times, hey, to me that's pretty okay!
By bud
hey, to me that's pretty okay!

to you Mike Schumachers cheating antics wsere pretty okay too :twisted:
By Irv the Swerve
Nick Heidfeld underlined why many in the paddock are tipping BMW Sauber to be the surprise package of the season by setting an impressive pace on the second day of testing in Bahrain.

In much warmer conditions at the Sakhir circuit on Friday, the German driver posted a best time of 1m30.469s to go almost 0.8s faster than his nearest challenger Fernando Alonso.

And although the time was set during a qualifying simulation, it was still over a second up on Felipe Massa’s opening day benchmark and just 0.5s off the best time recorded by any driver at the same testing double-header last year.(itv/f1)

Not bad from BMW.
By darwin dali
What I've been saying all along: BMW is the dark horse with NH winning the odd race.
By darwin dali
Kovalainen for pole
Coulthard to win

You all think I'm stupid now, but wait and see.

David Coulthard has revised his goals for the 2007 season, predicting that fifth place for Red Bull in the constructors' championship is realistic.

"At the moment we're not going to achieve the goals I had for the year,"

See our F1 related articles too!