FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
As I was dropping off to sleep last night, I was wondering about Sato and all the bad rapp he seems to get both from fans of F1 and the paddock. Now is he truely the most dangerous driver that F1 has seen, or have there been others? (I fear this thread may turn into pin the tail on Michael Schumacher, but it's worth a try)
By 7UpJordan
Phillipe Alliot, he used to love blocking everyone and James Hunt called him a "bloody idiot" on the air. The funniest part though was at Estoril 1990 whilst Mansell was on his way to victory, Alliot was up to his usual blocking act, Mansell clipped him and Alliot went spinning backwards into the armco whilst Mansell went on to win and James Hunt said Alliot had "just got his just deserves".
By mstar
nooo sato is not dangerous i think rent-a-drivers are dangerous the chap this year in the SA was lets say.... dangerous as they come
By R00DIT
nooo sato is not dangerous i think rent-a-drivers are dangerous the chap this year in the SA was lets say.... dangerous as they come

you mean Yuji Ide?
By x_laura_x
Sato is just clumsy. Infact kinda comical!

That time he was cruising around the track during Mark Webber's qualifying lap at the first Turkish GP - and he blamed the lack of radio communication! Hello! Mirrors?!

Although that time he drove straight into my man (Jarno) - i think that was at last chicane at Suzuka (correct me if im wrong).

I was tempted to go to this years Autosport International Show and ask him to explain his actions on that move! Haha!
By McLaren786
Is it me or did he also knock schumachers front wing off in the finale of 2003 at suzuka.
By mstar

you mean Yuji Ide?

yep thats the guy woah what a driver :roll:
By Evaneoun
Sticking my neck out here a lot so I'm prepared for a stinging after this..but here goes anyway...

I actually think Sato is pretty good. Look at his performances in 2004 (think it was then). BAR (as they were then) were doing okay, Jenson got some good points and ended up finished 3rd in the championship and Sato could have had far more points if he'd have had better reliability. Think it was unfair to criticise him for not scoring much when his engine kept blowing up! If I remember rightly didn't he get a podium that year?

Personally I think, give him a good car, he could be a good driver. Which explains his bad results since - his car hasn't been as good as he is and he has pushed it too far trying to get too much out of it. Hence all the accidents.

There. Said it now.

Anyway, most dangerous driver? Ide was bad...Alonso did some stupid things (especially last season) dunno really. Just from last season I'd say Alonso because he was fast enough to not do some of those things.
By Red Five
Evaneoun, I agree about Sato, largely underrated and Massa was a lot more dangerous before Ferrari took him under their wing. Sato needs the same kind of treatment from a team and I think that no one will risk it until he proves himself at Super Aguri.

If we're just talking last season, I think I'll go for Yuji Ide, I just can't understand why the FIA ever gave him a Super-Licence!
By 7UpJordan
They didn't call De Cesaris "De Crasheris" for nothing in the 80's.

See our F1 related articles too!