FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Ron Dennis has banned McLaren's 2007 driver lineup from drinking alcohol.

Despite Ferrari-bound Kimi Raikkonen's supposed alcoholic indiscretions during his tenure in 2002-2006, the Woking based team's chairman suggested that the only sips taken by Lewis Hamilton or world champion Fernando Alonso this year should be champagne on the podium.

After his drivers trained with Olympic athletes in Finland, Dennis told the Mirror: "We don't see why drivers need to have even one drink in the course of a season."

The irony of Dennis' stance, however, is that whiskey sponsor Johnnie Walker's McLaren-associated slogan for this year is: "Be a champion. Drink responsibly."
By bud
Most professional sporting outfits have the same ruling in this day and age. dont know whats so nazi about it? :roll:
By darwin dali
Most? I think not!
By bud
Yes MOST
By darwin dali
That's BS and you know it.
By bud
No its not! FFS all professional sporting outfits have behavioral standards. and the drinking of alcohol is a major issue.
while the clubs/teams franchises want a zero policy it doesnt stop the players from having a few during the course of a season. same can be said for Lewis or Fernando. if they want a drink they will have one its not in their contract that they cant!
By McLaren786
McLaren is an profession corperate company, for them image is everything(hence the sexy cars). This may have something to do with bahrain buying 30% of the mclaren group.
By bud
If the Bahrain ownership had anything to do with it they would want JW sponsorship gone. 30% ownership isnt enough power for that!

this was one quote from a magazine anyway its not an official statement.
By darwin dali
And no schmexysexy until marriage either! :shock:
By darwin dali
Of course!
By Selcouth_Feline
schmexysexy

Is this your new favourite word Darwin? :)
By darwin dali
Well, Orwell is forcing me to think out of the box :D
Uh, not really. The out of the BOX part that is - still very much with the box :mrgreen::twisted:
By x_laura_x
I can't believe this!

In the last few years Kimi consumed more alcohol than George Best did in a life time!

I think this is harsh on the 2 new drivers... not that I care to be honest.

See our F1 related articles too!