Belgian GP is off.....

Formula One related discussion.
Selcouth_Feline

Belgian GP is off.....

Post by Selcouth_Feline »

Apparently, the Belgian National Sporting Authority has told the FIA it is withdrawing the Belgian GP from the 05 F1 season to allow for the completion of extensive improvement work to Spa.... :(
F1Poser

Post by F1Poser »

Thats gutting news, one of the most incredible circuits on the calendar in my opinion [not that it is on the calendar]. Gah!
Forza

Post by Forza »

Didn't the organizers file for bankcruptcy last year and the government had to bale them out? I guess if they make the track better, it might improve crowd turnout meaning they start to make a profit again....I hope it's ready for the 2007 season
Marco

Post by Marco »

Thats a big loss to the sport imho. :shock:
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Why can't they make it pay off ? Other places they are investing tens of millions of dollars in building new tracks and in Spa they file for bankruptcy ?

One should think that the money a F1 event brings should enable you to keep things going ?

Mismanagement big time ?

I bet I could make it work out ! :(
If google made $1 everytime someone used them to find an answer to a tech support question, they would own microsoft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.racingpickers.com
Stephen
Site Admin
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by Stephen »

But it looks back on for 2007! :twisted:

I'm going to see if there's a track day down there this year, I can't go a whole year without the great tracks - Spa, Monza and Monaco.
Selcouth_Feline

They've signed a 5 year contract so from 2007-2011 so as long as parliament raitfy it, it's a definite for the next few years :)
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Now that is good news ! :)
If google made $1 everytime someone used them to find an answer to a tech support question, they would own microsoft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selcouth_Feline

Apparently, Cesar Maia (the mayor of Rio de Janiero) have put themselves forward as a replacement....I'm not sure the FIA will say yes as there's already a race in Brazil this season?

- SF
F1Poser

Post by F1Poser »

Unless Rio are gonna recreate Eau Rouge and La Combe I couldnt give one, I want Spa. :(
Freddie

Post by Freddie »

I also want Spa, but somehow I have realized that the people deciding about things like that don't give a flying **** about what you and I want :evil: