FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Have you guys seen the new Red Bull?

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/01/26/o ... #more-2969

Beautiful (except for horrible Red Bull Corporate glintz). Lovely flowing curves, like it was sculpted by the wind...

If that Renault engine works well with Newey's chassis, we could well see Webbo and DC gulping champagne this year!!!

Adrian Newey admits that there are elements of McLaren-like design in the RB3.

"To some extent it is a development of the work I was doing when I was there," he says. "In other areas, there are derivatives of what has been done here at Red Bull and, of course, there are some completely fresh ideas. The design cycle has been very compressed which has brought its own pressures on both the engineers and the shop floor, but the response by everybody to that pressure has been truly extraordinary and one which we should be very proud of. It's great to be back working with Renault. I was always very impressed with their methodology back in the Williams days. They are very good and very pragmatic and can get the best out of a package. Past experience has also shown me they are completely professional when supplying two teams. Their reason for supplying a second team is not for financial gain, but rather to have more units out in the field to learn from in both the performance and reliability areas, which gives a fundamentally different cornerstone to the relationship."
By Gerrard
Weird, but ingenius mirrors. More to the point though...whats going on with the paint job. It looks like somthing my 3year old Nephew would paint. Well done renault on the ugliest car..ever.
By 7UpJordan
I think Red Bull will be this year's dark horse, we all know Newey designed Williams' cars when they were using Renault engines like Red Bull are this year.
By Stephen
I think Red Bull will be this year's dark horse, we all know Newey designed Williams' cars when they were using Renault engines like Red Bull are this year.

Yup, and they have a reasonable set of drivers too with Coulthard and Webber.
By certom
wow pretty car :wink: !!

See our F1 related articles too!