FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I'm not surprised by this rumour; Toyota have been talking about quitting year after year if results didn't happen for them. For the most part Toyota have been also-rans; never really shining even with their HUGE budget last year. There has been a lot of talk about BMW and Renault quitting the sport at the end of the season regardless of the rules for 2010 because of poor new car sales; for many manufacturers F1 isn't a profitable enterprise any more; so if this global recession continues don't be surprised to see many manufacturers drop out. Car makers have no loyalty to F1; they'll remain only as long as their commercial interests benefit!
By headless
Toyota have had a reasonably good year up to now, so hopefully they will carry on.
With Toyota, it seems to me that the Toyota board (and not the team) will decide everything and that means they might pull out from the sport at the wrong moment (i.e. like Honda did) . Do those guys actually know what's going on in the sport? They may lose an opportunity and all the years they spent in F1 would be in vain, again like Honda. Look at Brawn instead, now that's capitalising and using intellect :D
By the way, rumors about manufacturers leaving are spreading, I even read on a local newspaper a wild hypotesis of Renault leaving and a following Briatore buyout of the team as a privateer (obviously the article went on theorizing how then Briatore would jump on the FIA bandwagon :D ) Now, that's probably utter bs, yet many constructors aren't looking good.
Do you reckon the deadline will be delayed?
By RA Dunk
Do you reckon the deadline will be delayed?

The deadline means nothing TBH, even though the teams dont register before the deadline its dosent mean they cant race next season, they just get a fine for late registration thats all
By headless
Everyone ignores deadlines anyway.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=38033

Nothing worth spending any money on there; it's not as if Toyota have given us some great sporting memories.
By headless
Yeah but it would be nice.

Down pub - "I have the engine cover of a Toyota F1 car!!"
By Gaz
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=38033

Nothing worth spending any money on there; it's not as if Toyota have given us some great sporting memories.

:hehe:
By Jamie
:bs:

Toyota will not leave, they have such a good marketing scheme and allot of followers! I Know we will see them next season :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!