FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Irv the Swerve
Yeah DD, BMW is the car to make a big impression next year. RK is not to far off a race win but I think NH is not up to the job, still a decent driver though.
By bud
If Honda laps the field every race then yes he will be, he will beat his team mate!

Youre all argueing about Jensons personal characteristics to why he will or wont be a champ but you all seem to dismiss the 99% requirement of having a car that will get a driver the championship. It has NOTHING to do with the drivers will or lack there of!
Once a drivers in a good car then its up to him to beat his team mate or in the case of the so called greatest driver you take away the threat of a team mate then youre left with a few titles on your CV no thanks to the superiority of the car youre in!

simple maths physics or even bullpoo to figure out if Jenson or even Massa will be a champ! :roll:
By darwin dali
You can have the fastest car and what not and still screw up (dnf's, brainfade, poor Q, penalties, etc.). You can have as fast a car as the competition and still not make it to the title because your opponents are quicker (not necessarily faster). 99% - I think not!
By bud
this day and age of driver aids and team parity levels being bipolar its all about the car youre in!
not a fan of the 99% how about 98.5% that should make you happier :P
By Simon Newman
Have to agree with most others, jenson has done nothing to excite me yet, similar in may ways to DC. At least Irvine had some personality!
By Marco
Have to agree with most others, jenson has done nothing to excite me yet, similar in may ways to DC. At least Irvine had some personality!

Lol, I agree Simon, Irvine was quite a character. At times he seemed to have more interest in money and women than the sport, perhaps had he concentrated on that and not bating DC at every turn, he'd have beaten Hakkinen and become champion. :lol:
By Stephen

I wonder if Jense suffers from nice guy syndrome, just like DC? :lol:
By mstar
come on guys! give jenson some credit at least sure he hasn't won as much but put it in perspective has he had a car to win races??? u are only as good as the car and jenson has carried the team sometimes. You cannot fault his race day driving RB never got close and Taku well lets face it was never on the same level as jenson. I think if the car is good enough i think he is up there with FA and KR, just hasn't had the car to win like the mclaren and renault.
By Stephen
Well time is running out for him, he must show his talent in 2007. Let's hope Honda can provide a good car next season. For me the verdict on him is still out, but I won't be betting on him this year. :)
By mstar
yep no doubt, jensons career depends on HONDA giving him a car that can consistently win every weekend, and i just cannot see it in 2007 :(
By Forza
I agree mstar and think FA would struggle against JB in the same car. But against KR im not so sure.
By bud
I agree mstar and think FA would struggle against JB in the same car. But against KR im not so sure.

Why would Fernando struggle against JB in the same car? :roll:
By mstar
becuase the honda is very JB driving style, and FA has a unique driving style that renault built their car around. But essectially FA in the honda would probably have same results as JB, i think its car related these days and driver can't make that much difference if the car is slower then the race winning car (renault, ferrari, mclaren (?) )
By bud
thats a stupid arguement!
saying the Honda suits JBs style and Fernando in the same car would lose to JB, why reverse it and put JB in the Renault which you said suits Alonso's driving style and what will you get? Alonso beating JB!
So basically build a car to suit a drivers style and they will go fast.... now thats a new theory F1 chiefs should all look into :roll
the question is who would the teams rather build a car around? the spaniard or the pom? Fernando would be my pick.

See our F1 related articles too!