FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
:yes:
He's nowhere near as slow as people make out, and his consistency, experience and ability to make the most of a chaotic situation is brilliant. I definitely think, in terms of consistency, no driver can beat him on race day. He finished every single race last season and took to the podium on numerous occasions, driving a car that he was really struggling in. When it comes to capitalising on chaotic races, I reckon only Alonso is better at the moment, and even then the margin is not a big one.

Nick could quite easily be world champion in a good car (although I agree he's not in with the top few). He would definitely have done a lot with the McLaren cars of recent years. :)

And remember, he did beat both Ferrari drivers when they were team-mates, as well as dominating Kubica in 2006 and 2007. 2008 was a somewhat anomalous result and I reckon that if both were driving KERS- or non-KERS cars at the moment, we wouldn't be seeing the gap that we have in qualifying at this stage in the season. ;)

I think that's a pretty good analysis. :thumbup:

McLaren Fan, imagine him at McLaren instead of Heikki :cloud9:

:cloud9: Id be estatic

:yikes:

I thought you liked Heikki!

...Wait a minute...I like Heikki too...

Boo! Boo to your "get Heikki out of a top team" plan!
There are a number of what ifs over Heidfeld.
I mean if he had went to Mclaren, would Raikkonen have burst onto the scene so quickly?
Would Alonso have ever joined?
Hell you could even ask, would Hamilton have ever went straight into the team?
I mean if he had went to Mclaren, would Raikkonen have burst onto the scene so quickly?

No Kimi wouldnt have. They took Kimi over Heidfeld-it rankled with Heidfeld, justifably I'd say. Lewis would have got there he was being groomed for it. Alonso?? Too many variables,too long ago, too many what ifs.

No Kimi wouldnt have. They took Kimi over Heidfeld-it rankled with Heidfeld, justifably I'd say. Lewis would have got there he was being groomed for it. Alonso?? Too many variables,too long ago, too many what ifs.

Maybe not, it could have been quite possible that Hamilton would have entered F1 with a different team. He could have possibly joined Mclaren later in his career.
Or he could have spent a year as a tester.

Micheal Fish Strikes again!!

An error to say the least. But i forgot your team is so perfect? who is under investigtion AGAIN?
So while you think that, i'd prefere to lose rather than make myself look like a twat :)
Atleast Domino can sleep at night :cloud9:
while Whit shits his pants? :rofl:
Nah, i would imagine him more than Kolaven, Heidfield and Hamilton would be a sinsterly good team and one not to get in the way of,(NOTE: if Hamilton got his acct back together!)

What do you mean by Lewis Hamilton getting his act back together are you talking about his off track fiascos?
Nah, i would imagine him more than Kolaven, Heidfield and Hamilton would be a sinsterly good team and one not to get in the way of,(NOTE: if Hamilton got his acct back together!)

What do you mean by Lewis Hamilton getting his act back together are you talking about his off track fiascos?

What else? He's driving fine at the moment.

What else? He's driving fine at the moment.

That's what I thought

Micheal Fish Strikes again!!

An error to say the least. But i forgot your team is so perfect? who is under investigtion AGAIN?
So while you think that, i'd prefere to lose rather than make myself look like a twat :)
Atleast Domino can sleep at night :cloud9:
while Whit shits his pants? :rofl:

Domino? Is that supposed to be some kind of affectionate nickname for Stefano?
He's nowhere near as slow as people make out, and his consistency, experience and ability to make the most of a chaotic situation is brilliant. I definitely think, in terms of consistency, no driver can beat him on race day. He finished every single race last season and took to the podium on numerous occasions, driving a car that he was really struggling in. When it comes to capitalising on chaotic races, I reckon only Alonso is better at the moment, and even then the margin is not a big one.

Nick could quite easily be world champion in a good car (although I agree he's not in with the top few). He would definitely have done a lot with the McLaren cars of recent years. :)

And remember, he did beat both Ferrari drivers when they were team-mates, as well as dominating Kubica in 2006 and 2007. 2008 was a somewhat anomalous result and I reckon that if both were driving KERS- or non-KERS cars at the moment, we wouldn't be seeing the gap that we have in qualifying at this stage in the season. ;)

I did....do.....Oh I dunno right now

Should start my own....' make two laps Heikki in a race club'

:wavey::hehe:

I did....do.....Oh I dunno right now

Should start my own....' make two laps Heikki in a race club'

:wavey::hehe:

Fate was against him in the opening races. I'm sure he'll come good in China :)
I´m confident that we will see an exciting race.
Hopefully the winner isn't Button again. :wink:
I have no desire for having a championship like 2002 and 2004.
It´s simply boring to see a team which dominates over everything.
I wouldn't expect anything else from a Renault fan- :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!