FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Raikkonen: The car... it's not quick enough
Lowe: Well, what the f*** do you expect if after being too pished to test at Jerez last week!
Dennis: Now, now, Paddy. Leave Kimi alone, he's a great driver and I want him to remain at McLaren indefinitely.

Dennis made a mistake not looking for a more committed driver sooner. I'm glad Raikkonen left off his own back.

I wonder how different Nick Heidfeld's career would be if Ron Dennis signed him over Kimi.

Potentially, quite a lot. For starters, he probably wouldn't have broken the car as much as Raikkonen, and Nurburgring 2005 wouldn't have happened :P

Neither would Suzuka though... :twisted:

Heidfeld would probably have won at least 10 races by now if he'd have gone to McLaren.

And mercades would be alot happyier
Heidfeld really isn't that fast, he's a good racer, knows how to get through a race but he's not in the Kimi, Alonso league

He's nowhere near as slow as people make out, and his consistency, experience and ability to make the most of a chaotic situation is brilliant. I definitely think, in terms of consistency, no driver can beat him on race day. He finished every single race last season and took to the podium on numerous occasions, driving a car that he was really struggling in. When it comes to capitalising on chaotic races, I reckon only Alonso is better at the moment, and even then the margin is not a big one.

Nick could quite easily be world champion in a good car (although I agree he's not in with the top few). He would definitely have done a lot with the McLaren cars of recent years. :)

And remember, he did beat both Ferrari drivers when they were team-mates, as well as dominating Kubica in 2006 and 2007. 2008 was a somewhat anomalous result and I reckon that if both were driving KERS- or non-KERS cars at the moment, we wouldn't be seeing the gap that we have in qualifying at this stage in the season. ;)
Heidfeld really isn't that fast, he's a good racer, knows how to get through a race but he's not in the Kimi, Alonso league

He's nowhere near as slow as people make out, and his consistency, experience and ability to make the most of a chaotic situation is brilliant. I definitely think, in terms of consistency, no driver can beat him on race day. He finished every single race last season and took to the podium on numerous occasions, driving a car that he was really struggling in. When it comes to capitalising on chaotic races, I reckon only Alonso is better at the moment, and even then the margin is not a big one.

Nick could quite easily be world champion in a good car (although I agree he's not in with the top few). He would definitely have done a lot with the McLaren cars of recent years. :)

And remember, he did beat both Ferrari drivers when they were team-mates, as well as dominating Kubica in 2006 and 2007. 2008 was a somewhat anomalous result and I reckon that if both were driving KERS- or non-KERS cars at the moment, we wouldn't be seeing the gap that we have in qualifying at this stage in the season. ;)

I agree with you. I think he's under-rated. Wonder what would be the scenario if he'd got that Mclaren drive insteasd of kimi ?(it was mcLaren wasnt it?)Jeez my memory!! ...But he wees in the car...and admits it!!
:yellowyikes:
Ferrari are rumoured to be bringing some MAJOR aerodynamic upgrades for Kimi's car...

I think that's a pretty good analysis. :thumbup:

:wavey::clap::wine: , Heidfeld is SO UNDERATED. The one really good thing is that he will take care of the car. You will get no BS from Heidfeld, no Diva, just work hard for the team to achieve a common goal, his only controversy is that damn beard, too much drag on it.

McLaren Fan, imagine him at McLaren instead of Heikki :cloud9:

Imagine him at McLaren instead of Lewis

Nah, i would imagine him more than Kolaven, Heidfield and Hamilton would be a sinsterly good team and one not to get in the way of,(NOTE: if Hamilton got his acct back together!)

Whoa! Those are fightin' words :eek:
:yes:

:cloud9: Id be estatic

When your estatic I'm........? :cloud9:

When your estatic I'm........? :cloud9:

:wavey:

See our F1 related articles too!