FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Im still happy that Kovi finished ahead of Lewis ;) When Heikki was infront you heard the Martin wonder what Mclaren were going to do, well considering Lewis is hardly leading the WCC, he can stay behind him

That's exactly what I was thinking, Kovalainen fully deserved to be leading Hamilton home. I think that, if there had been a couple more laps, they could've closed up to Barrichello, although I doubt they'd have gotten past. Still, it was nice to see that in one race Kovalainen has put himself ahead of Hamilton in the standings. I can't really fault him for today's performance - he started further back, he was heavier, he didn't run the upgraded package that Lewis had and he's not considered to be a driver that can beat Lewis, yet he put in a solid performance and finished up ahead of his team-mate. I think that's the kind of thing he needs to do consistently throughout the season if he wants to be on equal terms should McLaren get themselves back to the front for next year.

Also, the way he drove today reminded me of that awesome drive at Fuji two years ago, holding of Raikkonen's superior Ferrari to take second place. :cloud9:
Im still happy that Kovi finished ahead of Lewis ;) When Heikki was infront you heard the Martin wonder what Mclaren were going to do, well considering Lewis is hardly leading the WCC, he can stay behind him

That's exactly what I was thinking, Kovalainen fully deserved to be leading Hamilton home. I think that, if there had been a couple more laps, they could've closed up to Barrichello, although I doubt they'd have gotten past. Still, it was nice to see that in one race Kovalainen has put himself ahead of Hamilton in the standings. I can't really fault him for today's performance - he started further back, he was heavier, he didn't run the upgraded package that Lewis had and he's not considered to be a driver that can beat Lewis, yet he put in a solid performance and finished up ahead of his team-mate. I think that's the kind of thing he needs to do consistently throughout the season if he wants to be on equal terms should McLaren get themselves back to the front for next year.

Also, the way he drove today reminded me of that awesome drive at Fuji two years ago, holding of Raikkonen's superior Ferrari to take second place. :cloud9:

Glad you agree, because I was sat there thinking when Martin wondered what Mclaren were going to do about the situation, I was thinking well Lewis isn't in a position where he needs more points, so leave Heikki be and let him beat Lewis!

Glad you agree, because I was sat there thinking when Martin wondered what Mclaren were going to do about the situation, I was thinking well Lewis isn't in a position where he needs more points, so leave Heikki be and let him beat Lewis!

Time for :sickman: again? :P

Time for :sickman: again? :P

:sickman: the dance is back baby yeah :D:hehe:
I believe Heikki is a driver who is capable of beating Lewis.

:rofl: I heard that lots of times when he first joined McLaren
I believe Heikki is a driver who is capable of beating Lewis.

:rofl: I heard that lots of times when he first joined McLaren

i am glad the race started with a parade and the safety car, it gave Heikki a chance for the first time this season to complete one lap otherwise he would have probably been gone already.
I hated the Safety Car start. It was unnecessary

No, it was necessary based on the conditions we saw on TV and based on the drivers' team radios.

Ach I dno, the FIA are too infrequent with their SC decisions. Why there wasn't one for Sutil (not that they needed it) when they were quite happy to bring out a Second one for the Kubica/Trulli Incident.
Now I know it was a case of Debris, but Sutil's accident did create just as much, heck Heidfeld hit it and dropped four places.
You know what is sooo great about this win? None of you guys object to Red Bull winning. :) Usually there'd be all the arguments in the world, but this team has a certain modesty about them.

Seriously, Sebastien Vettel and Mark Webber are two of the most humble guys out there, and they have a modest team. All in all, they are kind of the nice guys out there. The whole team is. I was so happy to see them 1-2. For them to have THAT car with THAT result is exceptional. They don't have KERS and they don't have a Magic Diffuser. Vettel should've got a podium in Aus.

Mark Webber will more than likely get a win this season. Who knows, with Vettel currently in contention for the WDC (who I'd prefer to win over Button) what about if I said Webber could be in contention?

Down Under will go crazy. :D

It's GAME ON Brawn!

But, what if getting a Magic Diffuser doesn't do any good for the team? I'm afraid that the might stuff everything up by adding to their car... :(

I know it makes absolutely no sense. But, look at the Williams car's this year. I'm still not 100 per cent convinced. The only team doing well with the Magic Diffuser is Brawn. Barichello's hopes of WDC this year are thin, but thicker than last year.

This year's WDC contenders are: Sebastien Vettel, Jenson Button, Mark Webber and Rubens Barichello.

Think of how nice it would be to see anyone of those 4 names on the trophy.

Ferrari are PATHETIC! :thumbdown: Get it together!

Equally as pathetic: Nakajima, Rosberg, Piquet, Fisichella, Kubica. Rosberg and Kubica deserve chances. Many chances, as they've proven themselves. As Kubica has with a win.

At least Piquet came 2nd at Silverstone. I won't forget that. But there are plenty of better drivers out there. And these guys deserve a seat. We have some very gifted youngsters out there. We need more youngsters like Vettel and Hamilton in there...

By the way, I get to use this smiley: :cloud9:
You know what is sooo great about this win? None of you guys object to Red Bull winning. :) Usually there'd be all the arguments in the world, but this team has a certain modesty about them.

Seriously, Sebastien Vettel and Mark Webber are two of the most humble guys out there, and they have a modest team. All in all, they are kind of the nice guys out there. The whole team is. I was so happy to see them 1-2. For them to have THAT car with THAT result is exceptional. They don't have KERS and they don't have a Magic Diffuser. Vettel should've got a podium in Aus.

Mark Webber will more than likely get a win this season. Who knows, with Vettel currently in contention for the WDC (who I'd prefer to win over Button) what about if I said Webber could be in contention?

Down Under will go crazy. :D

It's GAME ON Brawn!

But, what if getting a Magic Diffuser doesn't do any good for the team? I'm afraid that the might stuff everything up by adding to their car... :(

I know it makes absolutely no sense. But, look at the Williams car's this year. I'm still not 100 per cent convinced. The only team doing well with the Magic Diffuser is Brawn. Barichello's hopes of WDC this year are thin, but thicker than last year.

This year's WDC contenders are: Sebastien Vettel, Jenson Button, Mark Webber and Rubens Barichello.

Think of how nice it would be to see anyone of those 4 names on the trophy.

Ferrari are PATHETIC! :thumbdown: Get it together!

Equally as pathetic: Nakajima, Rosberg, Piquet, Fisichella, Kubica. Rosberg and Kubica deserve chances. Many chances, as they've proven themselves. As Kubica has with a win.

At least Piquet came 2nd at Silverstone. I won't forget that. But there are plenty of better drivers out there. And these guys deserve a seat. We have some very gifted youngsters out there. We need more youngsters like Vettel and Hamilton in there...

By the way, I get to use this smiley: :cloud9:

WDC contenders: What about Toyota? Both drivers didn't have the best of races sure, but you still can't count them out with the car they have, the closest to Brawn we've seen.

Wasn't Piquet's 2nd in Hockenheim? Unless I'm just really confused?
Yeah... It was Hockenheim. I keep thinking the corner that Hamilton overtook Piquet on was similar to one at Silverstone. I've been brought up on it before. :D

And the Toyotas can't be up there because their in Japanese Car. :twisted:

I don't know, I just can't see them getting it... Actually, I can't even see Webber getting it. Or Barichello. Before this season I was thinking either Vettel or Alonso judging by Testing. But then came the bright button we call Button.

See our F1 related articles too!