FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Get a load of Buemi today, I was really impressed, the guy can drive and showed real potential

Heikki finished a LAP and finished ahead of Lewis ;) I happy

Great racing by Red Bull, wel deserved win by Vettel, though I can imagine Mark is tre jealous
I'm delighted with my teams finishing positions. The person I felt for was Felipe, wtf happened to his car (apologies if already posted). Did the water just cut his car out?

One theory expounded on the BBC forum was hydraulic failure. His steering wheel was lit up, so no complete electrical failure. And the engine just spun down to an idle - suggesting lack of control.

I don't know if anything more authoritative has been posted anywhere.
I'm delighted with my teams finishing positions. The person I felt for was Felipe, wtf happened to his car (apologies if already posted). Did the water just cut his car out?

One theory expounded on the BBC forum was hydraulic failure. His steering wheel was lit up, so no complete electrical failure. And the engine just spun down to an idle - suggesting lack of control.

I don't know if anything more authoritative has been posted anywhere.

Ferrari have listed it as an Electrical probelm.
http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2009/821/6615/
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D:D:D
Go Vettel!

Ok, sorry... it's out of my system now! What an awesome race - I remember thinking last year that China was one of the most boring races of the season - not so this year! I was on the edge of my seat for most of it, wondering what was going to happen, who was gonna go off, if the safety car was gonna come out, if Vettel could hold on to the lead...
Great drives from Buemi and Glock. It's a real shame about Sutil crashing out - I was hoping he would get some points in for Force India. And even though I'm far from a Ferrari fan, I really felt sorry for Massa when his car just went kaput.

I take my hats off to all the drivers - in such horrendous conditions, I expected there to be many more DNF's. And it's not like anyone was holding back, there were passes and overtaking maneuvers going on everywhere!

I'm gonna have to update my avatar now and stick SV in some RBR gear :D
Vettel! :toothy9:

Seriously happy about that result. 44 seconds clear of the Brawn. Red Bull were in a world of their own today. Both drivers were sublime and the car the same. I said that Red Bull would be fast if rained but no one could've predicted such a devstating win. Great drive from Webber as well, lets just hope he can go one better.

Brawn, we'll its funny isn't it. In some way you think theres slight disapointment, but really its the best result they could've had in the wet today. Brawn still lead by a good margin, but now more than ever they need to start looking over their shoulders.

One great drive today, a guy who was overlooked is Glock. Started in the pit lane and managed to make it up to 7th. Again, Glock is surprisling handy in the wet conditions. He doesn't seem to have the raw pace in the wet, but he's able constantly bang in good consistent laps and not fall of the track. Certainly he'll be one to watch as the season goes on.

Massa, you have to give it to him it was a sublime drive. Who says he's poor in the wet. From 13th he was up to 3rd or 4th and some point. Making his way past Kovy, Hamiliton, Kimi. He was actually looking at looking at finishing ahead of Rubens at the end of the race. Superb job, but of course the Ferrari failed for the second time now. Just like in Hungary, the Ferrari reliability lets him down and Ferrari again are without a single point. I think it's fair to say, that without the reliability issues Ferrari would have some points. I think thats what they should be concentrating on, rather than something like a new front wing.

Kovy, ahead of Lewis in the race and standings too. Yeah! Seriously happy about that result as well. Seriously, if only Massa had finished, then the result were would've been just perfect for me.

Rosberg and Alonso, clearly the choice to come early seemed right, but in reality they struggled far too much. Rosberg was so slow throughout the race, so I'm interested to see just why. Is that Williams car awful in the wet or something.

I agree with all you've said here. I'd like to add that Sutil did a great job until that unfortunate crash.
I think its because they are based in Britain. When Toro Rosso won in Italy they played the italian national anthem.

But Toro Rosso are both an Italian team and based in Italy, so that makes sense. I, too, was waiting for the Austrian national anthem.

I think the Redbull wiki article is dated. I think Rebull must of renewed their licence (FIA super licence) as British for 2009 and thus are now are British team. Where it is based is irrelvant. Renault is also base in the UK but is definitly French. Look at the wiki records for 2008 and prior and the Austrian flag resides along side the name RedBull. For 2009 the British flag resides next to it.

Maybe its just simply they didn't have the Austrian anthem to play. Remember Spa 1998 they didn't have the Irish one so they have to do with the British.

Yes I rememebr that. Although I thought the reason for that was the Jordan had a British racing licence.

On RBR's website they list the nationality of the team as Austrian. http://www.redbullracing.com/Team/Team-Profile
So either they didn't have the austrian anthem or someone messed up...
Go Vettel!

Ok, sorry... it's out of my system now! What an awesome race - I remember thinking last year that China was one of the most boring races of the season - not so this year! I was on the edge of my seat for most of it, wondering what was going to happen, who was gonna go off, if the safety car was gonna come out, if Vettel could hold on to the lead...
Great drives from Buemi and Glock. It's a real shame about Sutil crashing out - I was hoping he would get some points in for Force India. And even though I'm far from a Ferrari fan, I really felt sorry for Massa when his car just went kaput.

I take my hats off to all the drivers - in such horrendous conditions, I expected there to be many more DNF's. And it's not like anyone was holding back, there were passes and overtaking maneuvers going on everywhere!

Maybe i should send you a hi-res pic of SV.
Go Vettel!

For my av?
Quote from Vettel
"My original car was called ‘Kate’. But then it got smashed at the opening race in Australia. So we called this one ‘Kate's Dirty Sister’ because it is more aggressive and faster," Vettel said.

Had to laugh at that.

*wait, laughing at a German. gawd the kids good*
Go Vettel!

For my av?

Sent you a link on PM.. download while you can

See our F1 related articles too!