FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I still want to know exactly how the questions and responses were worded and don't think an argument can be made either way unless that is known.
Read this part again Longbow:
"During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so. "

You can use what ever wording you like, mislead, omit, what ever, to try to underplay what they did but everyone else knows that what it's really called is lying and the quilty parties have apologized for it, so why are you still squirming around with this?

No one seems to know what exact questions were asked and who they were addressed to only the “topic” of the questions. But from what I can make out David Ryan was asked if the team had told Lewis to let Trulli re pass, I think Lewis was asked a different question which was Did you deliberately let Trulli pass. There are no minutes made at the meeting or any other types of recording which is something that needs to be changed.

I still want to know exactly how the questions and responses were worded and don't think an argument can be made either way unless that is known.

We won’t know what happened in the meeting because there are no minutes made or any other types of recording which is something that needs to be rectified.
It says both were asked about the team orders and both denied them. Hamilton was further questioned about letting Trulli by. And about the wording, to me when something is said to be "specific" then that means there couldn't have been any confusion on anyone's part about what was being asked.
It says both were asked about the team orders and both denied them. Hamilton was further questioned about letting Trulli by. And about the wording, to me when something is said to be "specific" then that means there couldn't have been any confusion on anyone's part about what was being asked.

Could you please show me where it says they were both asked if the team had told Lewis to let Trulli pass, so i can stand corrected.

Could you please show me where it says they were both asked if the team had told Lewis to let Trulli pass, so i can stand corrected.

Ok:
"During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so."

Ok:
"During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so."

It does look like they were both asked about the team order if that is the case then I would conclude that they both lied and i stand corrected. I still wish the meetings were properly recorded so we had proper transparency over such issues
Also, the bold section below:

"During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. [b]The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so."

Is the evidence that Hamilton lied about deliberately letting Trulli pass, the radio transcript shows he did do so deliberately.

See our F1 related articles too!