FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
hi all,

so due to unforseen circumstances i am now going to Silverstone alone!! Due to my mates dropping out due to various reason but i am determined to go so booked my ticket. this is the first time i will be going to the GP. I have been to silverstone for other events but not the GP.

so a few questions!

Ime camping for the 3 days, taking beer and bbq etc. will i look like some sort of sad loner? will i meet people in the same situation or will everyone be cool and have a laugh and a beer with everyone?

Also my ticket is a silver ticket for farm grandstand, is this going to be good? i know i will enjoy the 3 days either way. so excited, ive followed f1 for so long and finally now going to see a live race.
any help on the above would be appreciated.
By racechick
All will be fine! Silverstone GP is THE BEST!! If you feel lonely head to the area of the fair or a pub and you'll meet loads of people :)
By EwanM
hi all,

so due to unforseen circumstances i am now going to Silverstone alone!! Due to my mates dropping out due to various reason but i am determined to go so booked my ticket. this is the first time i will be going to the GP. I have been to silverstone for other events but not the GP.

so a few questions!

Ime camping for the 3 days, taking beer and bbq etc. will i look like some sort of sad loner? will i meet people in the same situation or will everyone be cool and have a laugh and a beer with everyone?

Also my ticket is a silver ticket for farm grandstand, is this going to be good? i know i will enjoy the 3 days either way. so excited, ive followed f1 for so long and finally now going to see a live race.
any help on the above would be appreciated.

Do you know where your going to camp? I don't think you'll look bad man, many a people go to the GP alone, I mean Im going with my friends this year, but ive been to many events such as the BTCC alone and it has never caused me any problems.
Farm will be a good view indeed, surely going to be an excellent race.
By burneyk
i was thinking about booking whittlebury park as been there a few times before and its brilliant.

there where a few others i have looked at also - do you have any suggestions?
By EwanM
i was thinking about booking whittlebury park as been there a few times before and its brilliant.

I usually just turn up on the day tbh. But it depends if you wanna be secure.
By 7UpJordan

There's one that's behind Copse that I stayed at last year and which Racechick stays at every year. Forgotten what it's called though...
By EwanM

There's one that's behind Copse that I stayed at last year and which Racechick stays at every year. Forgotten what it's called though...

Do you mean Windmills?

Theres Hamilton Fields where you can book in Advance.
Just type it into google and you'll get the link.
By 7UpJordan

Do you mean Windmills?

Yes, that was it. :)
By burneyk
ime seen these on the web, thinking i should just turn up on the thursday night - is this a good idea?

thanks for the replies guys
By GarethStr
The British Grand Prix is going to be my first ever race. Hoping for a good one. Going to be at Stowe B methinks, should be good place to see the action.
By EwanM
The British Grand Prix is going to be my first ever race. Hoping for a good one. Going to be at Stowe B methinks, should be good place to see the action.

With ur older brother and I, should be a hoot..................................................................
By Frosty
I have a 3 day ticket to silverstone and was wondering where i should camp. I was also wondering if there was any meet up planned for members of the forum.
By EwanM
I have a 3 day ticket to silverstone and was wondering where i should camp. I was also wondering if there was any meet up planned for members of the forum.

I'll merge this all into one thread to keep it a little tidier.
Erm read above for some advice, but all sites cater to different needs. Pick out that is nearer ur seating area.

See our F1 related articles too!