FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Irv the Swerve
Former Lotus and Williams driver Alex Zanardi is set to return to the cockpit of a Formula 1 car next month for the first time since losing his legs in a traumatic Champ Car accident in 2001.

German magazine Auto Motor und Sport reports that Zanardi will drive a 2006-spec BW Sauber at the BMW World Finals event in Valencia on November 26.

Like the BMW 320i that he races in the World Touring Car Championship, the F1 car will be specially adapted with a larger brake pedal for his prosthetic legs and a hand-operated throttle.

The Italian’s courage and cheerful stoicism in coping with his injuries has inspired and awed the worldwide motor racing community.

In 2003 he stepped back into a Champ Car at the Lausitzring oval which was the scene of his near-fatal crash two years earlier to complete the 13 laps that remained at the time of the accident.

He has also been a regular competitor in the WTCC for the past two seasons, winning the recent Turkish round at Istanbul Park.
(itv/F1)
By Irv the Swerve
It was such a horrific crash that happened to him. I saw him before on the David Letterman show in the USA and he was joking and laughfing about the whole time.
A good role model to look up to.
By R00DIT
I remember him when he stood up in front of friends and the press post accident. He amazed everyone with walking, he's an incredibly brave person and a role model for everyone. :)

Just a pity his time in F1 wasn't as good as his talent deserved.
    Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!